PDA

View Full Version : 8inch deep coin - Played with 4 settings

earthmansurfer
01-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Hey guys,

It was warmer today so I went out looking for deeper coins. I only could find 2 in 6 hours! But, I did get one of them on video.

I Played with the following settings:
Ground Neutral vs. Difficult
Audio response Normal vs. Long
Fast On vs. Fast off
Deep on vs. Deep off

Would love to know your opinions of the these settings (like which sounds better), both in this video and in your experience.

Thanks,
Albert

PS - As usual, click to watch it on youtube (lower right corner) and then watch it full screen in 480 so you can see the screen better.

8inch Zinc - Played with 4 settings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrfyee5n9q4#)

CyberSage
01-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Your camera setup works really well Albert. I tried hand holding the camera on a hunt yesterday to show a deep coin hit. :white:usaflag:: I need to order a mount like yours. lol This is a great demonstration of E-Trac settings on a deep coin. Thanks for taking the time to do this. That LONG audio setting is very annoying on shallow targets, but sure does make a difference on the deep coins.

Jack

P.S. You do not have to go to Youtube to view the video in the 480p resolution. Once the video starts playing Just click on the 360p, and then click on the 4 outward pointing arrows in the right hand lower corner to make it full screen. These controls may not show on a Mac, as this is a flash based control.

earthmansurfer
01-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks Jack. Yeah, the mount really works well. And on this next video you can see how the arm can be put almost into the hole to see a deepy. ehehe Thanks for the tip on 480. I don't understand on some videos it shows you the option at the get go.

Yes, I agree on long. Annoying on shallow but great on deeper targets. I know people say to use it in trash, but I have tried and everything sounds so long. I find it more difficult in trash but will play with it more.

Here is a deeper coin and I compared Two Tone Ferrous on it vs. Conductive Multi-tone. I then compared Deep on Vs. off and then Fast on Vs. Off.

Let me know what you think about the setting differences. I am still up in the air about deep on or off helping. At least it's not obvious and perhaps 7 - 8 coins aren't deep enough for it! But realistically I would think that should be. I do think fast on with Deep on is a bit shorter than with fast off with deep on. (Not in the video, but I played with trash on high or not and it didn't make a difference to other coins and targets in trash, with or without fast on.) Would like to know if anyone has really tested the settings side by side on targets.

Enjoy,
EMS

ps - Watch out for sheep...

E-Trac 8inch Coin - TTF vs. Conductive - Deep on Vs. off - Fast on Vs. off - Sheep? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oBfQRwMvNQ#)

dperrott
01-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Nice demo. I am going to try this with my etrac and see my results. Thanks for the video. thumbsup01

jkress
01-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Really great videos EMS. :clapping:
I very much appreciate the effort you put forth to make these. :yes:
They are very, very helpful.