PDA

View Full Version : November/December - Part 1

bob_e99
01-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Due to illness in the family I haven’t been doing a lot of detecting of late and really missed out on taking advantage of the mild New England winter weather. I did manage to get some short hunts in and all the sites were located either on the way or in the vicinity of the nursing home where we had to place my mother. While not great finds, I’m only going to post the more interesting ones.

First up is a crappy silver (cz 925) ring that I found at the same site where I had been pulling the mercury dimes.

[attachimg=1]

Plus on another day, I found my first buffalo nickel from the same site.

[attachimg=2] [attachimg=3]

Also found some wheat pennies.

[attachimg=4] [attachimg=5]
[attachimg=6] [attachimg=7]

Here’s a 1968 Rosie and I am amazed at the condition. I can’t explain why this one wasn’t discolored like all the other clad dimes.

[attachimg=8]

JTGOLD
01-03-2012, 06:23 PM
nice finds ,wtg.

aloldstuff
01-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Very sorry to hear of the family illness that you have been attending to. Hope all is well. Congrats on your 1st buff. Nice rosie and wheats.

CODY
01-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Nice finds. WTG thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
01-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Congrats on the finds! That Buffalo Nickel must be a 1913 because the buffalo is on a raised mound.

I know it's difficult putting a loved one in a nursing home. I hope your mother is receiving good care there and that she is comfortable.

bob_e99
01-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments regarding both the finds and my personal situation.

Congrats on the finds! That Buffalo Nickel must be a 1913 because the buffalo is on a raised mound.

I know it's difficult putting a loved one in a nursing home. I hope your mother is receiving good care there and that she is comfortable.

Thank you Tony. It is difficult to see someone go through the final years.

Also, I very much appreciated the information regarding the buffalo nickel. I seem to always be learning something new.

Bob