PDA

View Full Version : Short video - 9 inch Target - TTF Masking and Manual 30 vs Auto 29 plus 3

earthmansurfer
01-04-2012, 11:24 AM
I found this small target at around 9“ in TTF. I almost walked past it as it was just a very slight “blip” in between the iron sounds. I was running in manual 30 and then checked the signal in auto +3, which was running at 29 (When it’s that high I usually just go to manual 30 if conditions allow.) Interesting to see the results. My ground by the way is obviously mild with 1% iron mineralization and it's loaded with iron. Most single frequency detectors seem to have problems getting past the 6 level here.

The target was much easier to pick out using discriminate, which makes sense as you are not hearing the iron. I just wanted to give you guys that haven't tried TTF an idea of what it sounds like and it's potential drawbacks (if you don't have an ear for it.)

Anyway, I’m not knocking TTF. I think this sight is a good candidate for TTF as it’s just full of iron but perhaps the trash level is a bit too high in some spots. That said, the near masking was from iron. My point, and I mention this in the video, is you have to have good ears for TTF. Targets do not stand out as easy as they do in discriminate with iron discriminated out.

I imagine that instead of relying on one mode, it really makes more sense to go through areas in both discriminate and TTF.

I look forward to your findings. I do realize that results are very site and setting specific, so I’m not making this out to be a final say, not at all.

I believe I had deep on, fast on, trash high, ground difficult. Not sure on the fast on, which is too bad as it's the only setting of those that has made a clear difference in my ground, which shortens or clips the sound.

Enjoy,
EMS

9 inch Target - TTF Masking and Manual 30 vs Auto 29 plus 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Molo8rGnE#)