PDA

View Full Version : First hunt of 2012, Day of first's

tech125
01-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Had to run an errand to pick up my new reading glasses late this afternoon, had about 1.5hrs to hunt at the park I have been frequenting as it's close to the Dr's office.Did some research on this park and at one point there was an old baseball field in the 60's and now there is a tennis court in its place.Started on one side of the tennis court and got the junk ring.Switched to the other side where there are some large trees and got a jumpy dime quarter signal.First coin out of the hole was the '38 Merc, rescanned, then came the 56 Washington, rescanned again and found the dateless SLQ!, my first ever.The area is loaded with pop cans.Found the second 44 Merc a few feet away.It was getting dark rapidly so I will return another day.Ground is ok to dig in some spots and half frozen in other areas.Forgot my camera today so no video :crying02:Thursday and Friday is supposed to be 45 and sunny so I will be back and dig everything.Thanks for looking.HH.Clad=$1.96

JTGOLD
01-04-2012, 07:58 PM
great first hunt,wtg.

CODY
01-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Congrats on some great finds. Congrats on the SLQ, they seem to be far and few between. I myself have found just one so far. HH

aloldstuff
01-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Congrats on your 1st SLQ and all the other silvers. Looks like a nice spot to return to .

RobW
01-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Awsome coin spill, congrats :clapping:

Ill Digger
01-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Had to run an errand to pick up my new reading glasses late this afternoon,...
Are you going to start carrying those with you when you detect? :confused: So you can read the dates on your coins? :poke: lol
It looks like you could see your AT Pro alright though! :shocked04: :yes: Wow! What a hunt Robby! :envious: :clapping:
Congrats!! :grin:
Don't ya just love a good old silverspill thumbsup01 <: :beerbuddy:

skribnodsister
01-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Awesome hunt |:cheering: Congrats on your first SLQ :clapping: