PDA

View Full Version : 1st COPPER & SILVER of 2012

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Got out with Gary back to the cellar hole field we hit a few weeks ago.
It was a beautiful day but the frost was really set in and we had to work for our targets today.Frost was at leat 5 inches see the plug?
And here is me with all my weight trying to dig it
Did ok though despite the conditions.
one 1926 merc, a KG? copper,the biggest chape i have ever seen from a colonial shoe buckle?,a few flat buttons, a 3 lead minnie ball spill, barrel tap spout,a real old hand forged claw hammer head, 2 pewter baby spoon bowls & a ornate pewter button with complete shank.
oh and my heart skipped a beat when i saw this half dollar sized silver disc in the hole joke was on me.a aluminum medal with a guys name mark engraved on it

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-07-2012, 09:31 PM
more pics

del
01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
wow if thats the best you can do on a pogo-stick Dave , you stink . :wow: :poke: :teasing: it really looks like your trying to pogo on a tiny stick. lol lol hey wasn't the weather beautiful today :smitten: :smitten:

congrats on your first copper of 2012 :clapping: :clapping: you beat George and i to it :beerbuddy: congrats on the relics as well buddy but tell Mark to pick-up his trash before he leaves a place . >:/

Dan

angellionel
01-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Congrats Dave! You are on your way to another great year. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-07-2012, 10:09 PM
wow if thats the best you can do on a pogo-stick Dave , you stink . :wow: :poke: :teasing: it really looks like your trying to pogo on a tiny stick. lol lol hey wasn't the weather beautiful today :smitten: :smitten:

congrats on your first copper of 2012 :clapping: :clapping: you beat George and i to it :beerbuddy: congrats on the relics as well buddy but tell Mark to pick-up his trash before he leaves a place . >:/
lol Dan. is that a chape? huge huh? no teeth either :confused:

Dan

sniffy
01-08-2012, 09:22 AM
OH GAWD HERE WE GO AGAIN! 8/ I DON'T THINK THAT IS A CHAPE DAVE...i THINK IT IS A PIECE TO A GW BUTTON DISPENSER.

Toadman
01-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Looks like a fun time out fo sue !! :happydance01: <: happydance02 |:cheering:

milco
01-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Congrats on the finds Dave! The pogo shovel must allow you to dig so many targets!

RobW
01-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Off and running on another great year! Congrats on the first silver AND LC of the year...there will be MANY more to come I'm sure!

aloldstuff
01-09-2012, 03:56 PM
NIce hunting, even though you did have to chip out your finds. That large silver disk would have my heart skipping a few beats also. Boo on Mark. Congrats on getting that 1st LC and silver.

SeabeeRon
01-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Let the games begin.... :grin: :cool:

OxShoeDrew
01-10-2012, 08:30 PM
I was going to say nice hunt yada yada, and that i liked the Mark thing etc but is that a Cowboy's hat you have on?? Was it really cold and you forgot a respectable hat, found that one the side of the road and put it on just to keep from hypothermia? :poke:
(Congrats on the nice finds)

wild willy
01-13-2012, 05:23 AM
hey dave! that hammer would be kinda cool to clean up since your a carpenter. :groovy: willy