PDA

View Full Version : 2 BUCKLE DAY* BRIARY CELLAR HOLE

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-21-2010, 05:43 PM
put a 8 hour solo hunt in today at this hole i been avoiding because the grounds are very tough to hunt with all the briars.
But,i figured let me be patient and see what i can pull outta here.
2 shoe buckle frames and 2 buttons for the day.
yup the copper drought continues.
freakin 1985 clad quarter gave me a glimmer of hope until it surfaced :ticked:
not a bad day ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-21-2010, 05:44 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-21-2010, 05:44 PM
last pic

sniffy
02-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Those are pretty cool buckles Dave!...nice job fighting them briers.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Those are pretty cool buckles Dave!...nice job fighting them briers.

it was like velcro trying to walk through those things :mad:
wish ya coulda went out today.i needed a fix and had to go :confused:

John M
02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Nice buckles Dave.It does look like tough terrain with all those briers.But they do keep the week of heart out of those sites.

coinnut
02-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Not a bad day Dave. Couple of nice buckle frames. Hey, find the swampy area there (if there is one) and you may find them complete buckles. But remember, complete buckles are rarer, since most of the guts were steel. You did a long hall day out there. I bet it felt good detecting, no pressure. :yes: You should be good for at least 2 days now lol Nice clad quarter ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Not a bad day Dave. Couple of nice buckle frames. Hey, find the swampy area there (if there is one) and you may find them complete buckles. But remember, complete buckles are rarer, since most of the guts were steel. You did a long hall day out there. I bet it felt good detecting, no pressure. :yes: You should be good for at least 2 days now lol Nice clad quarter ;)

thanks G! yeah in the first pic the barn hole is across the trail.couldn't see it in the summer but i found it today.all mucky behind the barn and swampy.i got stuck a few times and decided to hit higher ground :yes: i'll be back to this site at some point.with a steel bladed weed whacker :shocked04: oh how i wish i could.get rid of all that briary,wirey crap :mad: :ticked:

del
02-21-2010, 08:24 PM
very cool buckles Dave , big curved spindly ones too. thumbsup01 very sweet . better get out there and start finding more parts , i think your frame to guts ratio is out of wack my friend . ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-21-2010, 08:37 PM
very cool buckles Dave , big curved spindly ones too. thumbsup01 very sweet . better get out there and start finding more parts , i think your frame to guts ratio is out of wack my friend . ;)

yeah i only found one brass chaffe so far to idk how many buckle frames :confused:
dan ya ever seen a buckle like the one i found today with reverse curved corners?

del
02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
yup , haven't found one yet but have seen'em though , pretty cool finds.
dude you ever going to get a whole one or what. :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-21-2010, 08:41 PM
yup , haven't found one yet but have seen'em though , pretty cool finds

ok thanks man! thumbsup01
i gotta get in the shower.been droolin over GW buttons on Tnet :drool:
it was whole but rusted away :crying02: :crying02: :crying02:
i think ya should take me to one of your whole buckle sites.G got enough of em :bop:

del
02-21-2010, 08:45 PM
stop your drooling and find one , your in the right spots . hey speaking of spots that almost looks like the spot i found that 1817 large cent , well the smaller hole across the road anyways.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-21-2010, 08:46 PM

hey where's your memorial count on your signature? rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-21-2010, 08:49 PM
stop your drooling and find one , your in the right spots . hey speaking of spots that almost looks like the spot i found that 1817 large cent , well the smaller hole across the road anyways.

no,this is the spot when ya go down the trail alongside lower cemetary.down the hill and on the right all the way down.almost off the map and unamed hole on map.almost into other town there

tanacat
02-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Those briars look 10 ft tall!!! Great pics of the shelf lichen... :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Those briars look 10 ft tall!!! Great pics of the shelf lichen... :yes:

:grin: oh a mushroom or fungus connisoir i see. thank you.
yeah some of them were.that is just one kind of briar there behind me was another kind of pricker.they were tannish colored saplings almost like smaller sumac color and each stalk was loaded with barbs.i thought i tore my new white's jacket a few times :crying02:

tanacat
02-22-2010, 08:27 AM
:grin: oh a mushroom or fungus connisoir i see. thank you.

Yes there's fungus among us! Actually I have a college degree in Environmental Edgeacashun (Parks & Recreation with Env Ed and Outdoor Rec emphasis) I used to lead nature hikes and wilderness trips with younguns' before I had younguns' of my own...

I'm glad you didn't hurt your White's jacket! It sounds like it made it through?

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Yes I love fungus among us! Actually I have a college degree in Environmental Edgeacashun (Parks & Recreation with Env Ed and Outdoor Rec emphasis) I used to lead nature hikes and wilderness trips with younguns' before I had younguns' of my own...

I'm glad you didn't hurt your White's jacket! It sounds like it made it through?

thats cool! yeah my jacket made it through ;)

coinnut
02-22-2010, 12:20 PM
hey where's your memorial count on your signature? rofl

Hey, it's bad enough that I've got all of them COMPLETE shoe buckles, now you want me to rub in my Memorial count too rofl I just can't do that to you Dave :rolleyes:

tanacat
02-22-2010, 06:32 PM
thats cool! yeah my jacket made it through ;)

Reading your siggy, wondering what ox knobs are? Maybe I have some in my bags o junk... Oh that one shredded alum can- I've learned is called can/lawn salad lol Loving all this new terminology.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Reading your siggy, wondering what ox knobs are? Maybe I have some in my bags o junk... Oh that one shredded alum can- I've learned is called can/lawn salad lol Loving all this new terminology.

ox knobs were brass balls(that doesn't sound good) that were placed on the horn tips to prevent impaling someone or used in fairs on the tips
here are some of mine. if that's not enough look for dels! he is the ox knob king
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=836.0

coinnut
02-22-2010, 06:55 PM

You need to ask Del for a picture of all his prized collection of ox knobs lol He's even got a nice polished one :rolleyes: Yep, that lingo for shredded cans is part of the hobby - we call it canslaw (after coleslaw) No other item falls into so many number catagories than different sizes of canslaw. You just gotta dig it :mad:

tanacat
02-23-2010, 07:45 AM
You need to ask Del for a picture of all his prized collection of ox knobs lol He's even got a nice polished one :rolleyes: Yep, that lingo for shredded cans is part of the hobby - we call it canslaw (after coleslaw) No other item falls into so many number catagories than different sizes of canslaw. You just gotta dig it :mad:

Okay, canslaw- too cute. Well I didn't know the nickname, but I sure've gotten to know it! So I take it ox knobs are pretty common and not worth much...

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Okay, canslaw- too cute. Well I didn't know the nickname, but I sure've gotten to know it! So I take it ox knobs are pretty common and not worth much...

yeah ox knobs are worth their weight in brass and a big let down when they surface.reason being...they are exactly the same signal and vdi # as a large cent. :bangahead01:

tanacat
02-23-2010, 02:32 PM
yeah ox knobs are worth their weight in brass and a big let down when they surface.reason being...they are exactly the same signal and vdi # as a large cent. :bangahead01:

I don't think I've found one, although if I did, prob tossed it assuming it was some kind of pipe connector with those threads in there...