PDA

View Full Version : Last few visits to 1723 house

mdakin
01-08-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm a bit behind in my posting, so I'm going to make a few posts today. This post represents my last few visits to a 1723 house. I've probably put in 35+ hours of detecting time at this house and it still keeps producing. Here are links to the first two posts:

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=7542.msg87356#msg87356

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=7722.msg88449#msg88449

I always seem to find something unusual or interesting. This time it is a tie between some large copper disks and a small copper cup. The disks had my heart racing when I popped the plug as they all tumbled about in the hole. Alas, they were not the cache of old coins I initially thought they were but rather switch labels to some crazy machine. My favorite is the one referring to X-Rays.

The cup is cool because it helped answer a mystery to my first hunt. I found something I theorized could have been toy furniture but I wasn't sure. The cup confirms for me that it was.

Does anyone have any information about the back mark that says PLATED has 6 stars, and an eagle (or griffin) on it? How old is it? American, English?

So far, coin totals are: 45 wheaties, 6 IH's, 5 silvers, 1 LC, 1 two center, 1 buffalo nickel, and a mess load of clad.

Enjoy the pics.

JTGOLD
01-08-2012, 10:32 AM
nice coins and neat finds,very good hunting,wtg.

z118
01-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Those machine tags are awesome! That is a one of a kind collection for sure. Finds like that are as good as old coins any day (in my book anyway). Although you got some old coins too! Those 35 hours were well spent! Congrats!

milco
01-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Great bunch of old time finds you got, very nice!

CODY
01-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Sweet finds. Congrats! Well done! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
01-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Very nice hunting, congrats on all the finds

Ill Digger
01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Man! Lookin' back. You made some outstanding finds at this old house!! :shocked04: :yes:
There's just too much to list! :twirlingeyes: :drool: :twirlingeyes: :drool: <:
The machinery tags are unique!
And the vast array of old buttons and coins are enough to make any detectorist drool :drool: outta envy :envious: |:confused:) :clapping:
Outstanding!!
Congrats!! :grin:

Tony Two-Cent
01-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Wow! What a nice variety of old coins and relics! That 1723 house has been a dream site!

I have no idea what that G PLATED object is but it sure looks old! I guess it's a button?

I can't even imagine hunting a site that old! I would be in heaven! :smitten:

Congrats on the great finds!