PDA

View Full Version : 12/31 Cellar Hole Hunt

milco
01-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Spent about two hours around the cellar hole where I found my 1867 shield nickel and 1865 IH earlier in the year on New Year's Eve day. I spent some time moving some more lumber around and then swung the coil. Did not find too much, but it sure was nice to get out.

del
01-08-2012, 04:10 PM
hey that looks like my pouch after a long day of relic hunting Milco ;) i would love to see the site your working , keep digging those iffy and shotgun shell dignals and you'll finds some goodies for there . itsn't it amazing how good iron will sound sometimes .

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-08-2012, 07:28 PM
hey not everyday is a coin day but you sure dug a lot.i'm sure there's still a few keepers at that site.be patient and work it slowly.I love rolling a downed tree and getting a nice signal.it really pays off sometimes

aloldstuff
01-09-2012, 09:44 AM
The site can produce goodies. As mentioned go slow....slower..... Just being able to hunt in January is reward enough for me.

OxShoeDrew
01-10-2012, 07:57 PM
There is always a signal(s) under a rolled log. Sometimes good signals. I also love to run the coil over a spot after i take a large chunk of iron out. Its exciting to be the first to hear that piece of ground without that iron in there. Little things excite me. :drool: