PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Silvers, Buffalo's And A Young Man's First Silver!

Bell-Two
01-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Wow what a day, Doug, Malachi and I joined Steve and Mark for a mini group hunt, it turned out to be a very good day. Cool and crisp to begin with but warmed up later. Malachi Doug’s eight year old son was looking for his first silver, using a modified Explorer with a tight discrimination pattern that would most likely only hit on a good coin target he was raring to go. Well about three hours into the hunt he nailed his first silver a nice 1948 Rosie, ironically he got his first just about in the same area I got my first silver ever a little over two years ago! Let’s see he is eight and I was sixty six at the time…I think he will end up will more lifetime silver than I will! I did alright getting a Rosey and a Merc plus 7 wheaties. We all had large amounts of clad I had 19 nickels, Doug had 30 and Malachi had some too so we had over 50 nickels! Doug had a monster day with 8 silvers, 3 Mercs, 2 Roseys, 1899-O Barber dime, for his trifecta, a war nickel 1943-P and a dateless Standing Liberty Quarter, 5 Buffalo nickels and a Sterling pin with the seal of Ohio on it and a cool ring while not silver it is still very nice. I had over $6.00 in clad and during the last hour or so I stopped digging dime signals unless they were deep, and penny signals unless I was sure they were a wheatie the old hip caused me to drag along. A great day was had by all.

Hunting With Bell-Two #82 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtbi12vnaks#ws)

CODY
01-09-2012, 04:25 AM
Very nice finds. Congrats on the young mans first silver. Thats one he will never forget.

aloldstuff
01-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Glad you were there to see the young ones first silver. Nobody forgets there 1st silver. Over 50 nickles is huge, congrats on a great hunt

JTGOLD
01-09-2012, 10:00 AM
nice finds and good count on the clad and nice video.

angellionel
01-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Well done, BT! What a nice start to the year. :clapping:

Ill Digger
01-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Boy o' boy you guys killed it out there!! Wow!
Nice hunt!! Very cool that Malachi found his first silver!!
It's great to see you and The Dougman takin' the young guy out!
Very nice fellas thumbsup01
Congrats to all! :grin:

RaZR
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Congrats to the bunch of ya! Cool that Malachi could get that silver. And a crapload of nickels to take back to the bank. Good day for everyone involved that's what it's about.

GL/HH

Tony Two-Cent
01-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Nice story and video as always, Tony! Congrats to Malachi on his first silver! I wish I had gotten my first silver at such a young age!

It sounds like you all had some success. Get that hip fixed in February then by April you should be detecting laps around all of us! thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
01-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Great hunt and video . Malachi is quite a Pro already . thumbsup01