PDA

View Full Version : FROZEN SOLID cellar hole

sniffy
02-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Managed to get out today for a quick little dash around a new cellar hole. My last hunt here produced a gilt button and a 1890 IH. I damaged both (due to digging and chopping in rock hard ground). Thinking that the ground may have softened up a bit, I tried again today. Some spots are soft enough in one section to dig, but closer to the field in the open the ground is litterally rock hard. I left 3 coin sounding targets in the ground. These targets I didnt' want to scratch up. 2 solid quarter signals, and a penny/dime-screwcap signal (Indian head). Anyhow, I'll be back. Today was fun, I managed this 1898 Indian Head in great shape, 2 buckles, a suspender clip part?, and a brass whatsit.

coinnut
02-21-2010, 07:20 PM
How can you sleep? lol Leaving coin signals in the ground?? It stinks when you finally get a good signal and you hit that concrete we call ground :ticked: Hope you can remember where they were. Good little hunt ,and you scored an Indian for your troubles. Couple more weeks and the frost should almost be gone!

sniffy
02-21-2010, 07:28 PM
How can you sleep? lol Leaving coin signals in the ground?? It stinks when you finally get a good signal and you hit that concrete we call ground :ticked: Hope you can remember where they were. Good little hunt ,and you scored an Indian for your troubles. Couple more weeks and the frost should almost be gone!
Believe me, I know exactly where they are....I stacked a tower of rocks on top of where the signals were. I'm almost positive these are nice targets. But, the D buckle I dug rang solid quarter on the DFX. So I may be dissapointed when I finnaly get to dig them. I'll just continue believing they are 2 large cents, and another Indian Head.

del
02-21-2010, 08:30 PM
I'll just continue believing they are 2 large cents, and another Indian Head.

very sweet indian head , are you trying to dethrown Dave of his headress crown in that department :huh:
don't dwell on the great targets to much Jesse or they likely to turn out as an oxknob and a harmonica reed . atleast you got out and had some fun , we're turning the corner now . it won't be long now for spring. :yes:

tanacat
02-21-2010, 11:23 PM
How can you sleep? lol Leaving coin signals in the ground??

rofl rofl rofl Oh man, I totally relate- had to do that the other day, my signals were in the shade of a maple not able to thaw. Rock solid! Went back today it was a mower beat up alum can (do I need a better detector?)

Anyway, sweet score on the IH. Love that brass whatsit lol All I found today was 70/80's clad, a pocketknife, 1955 wheatie and a1943 S nickel

John M
02-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Not a bad take for Feb.It won't be long before you can dig it all Grasshopper.Getting your hopes on those signals will drive ya nuts,they may be sweet sounding ox shoes.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-22-2010, 07:22 AM
nice IH jess!like Dan said... i may have to hand you my chief run-a-muck head dress rofl :yes:

sniffy
02-22-2010, 07:41 AM
nice IH jess!like Dan said... i may have to hand you my chief run-a-muck head dress rofl :yes:
I'm speechless....what an honor... :angelic:

RickO
02-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Nice finds... you guys that dig in the snow and cold are hard core... HH RickO

sniffy
02-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Nice finds... you guys that dig in the snow and cold are hard core... HH RickO
Some people like to refer to it as crazy