PDA

View Full Version : Got a silver just under the wire! Hunt with Captain Silver

Snapolson
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Got out this morning with the Captain (From Friendly Forum)! Went to a new place. Very trashy. I've been playing with a Teknetics T2 from New England Detectors where I help out Andrew. Been trying to get used to all the noise it makes. Not easy.

I plopped around for a while cleaning up clad here and there. Then I got two wheats in a row just about. A 1944 and a 1929. The 1942 Wheat in the photo below is from an earlier hunt. Anyway, I put away the T2 and broke out the Minelab Xterra 505. I like the sounds it makes better.

Played around some more in a different section and pulled a great looking gas valve from the early 1900's I think. Captain gave me his other relic finds. One was a cool plate probably from a National cash register, an old lock, buckle, and a plate from Columbia.

I was really hoping for a silver before leaving and on my last plug out pops a 1941-S Mercury dime in pretty good shape. :happydance01: I yelled for the Captain to come over and he snapped a photo for me because I forgot my camera. 8/

It's my second silver since the start of the year and my second Mercury dime so far. Great hunt with a great fellow MD'er! |:cheering:

Happy Hunting everybody!

RaZR
01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Great looking relics there. And great save with the merc. Congrats!!! |:cheering:

JTGOLD
01-09-2012, 06:20 PM
nice merc and wheats + neat finds,wtg.

CODY
01-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Very nice finds. That T2 is probably about like my F75. Gotta keep turning that sen. down. I very seldom run mine over 60 on the sen. Its quite as a mouse and I'm still picking up targets up to 12.

Tony Two-Cent
01-09-2012, 08:48 PM
When I saw just under the wire in your subject line I was thinking you may have found a 1964 Rosie or something, but you got a nice Merc instead! Congrats on the silver! :clapping:

I like your relics too, they all look old.

Looks like a successful hunt to me, good job! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
01-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Nice relics and congrats on your 2nd merc. Hope you get some more.

Snapolson
01-10-2012, 01:00 PM
When I saw just under the wire in your subject line I was thinking you may have found a 1964 Rosie or something, but you got a nice Merc instead! Congrats on the silver! :clapping:

I like your relics too, they all look old.

Looks like a successful hunt to me, good job! thumbsup01

Thanks! Yeah, I just meant that I was able to nab a silver just at the end of my hunt before I had to leave. lol That's a nice feeling...to get something good at the last second like that.

Cheap Thrills
01-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Nice finds a Merc is always cool . thumbsup01 I'm in agreement the T2 can be very hard to decipher but it's a great detector for hunting in those worked out places where any type of signal is rare . :yes: