PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Silver

jkress
01-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Ron and I made it to a new park today. One that was on the list last year... but I never got around to visit.

We were hoping for a lightly detected park but quickly realized we were searching for oldies that others had missed. :rolleyes: The park definitely shows signs of potential, so a return trip will be in order this year. :yes:

First silver of 2012. <:
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-1.jpg

Tony Two-Cent
01-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Hey, that's a really nice hunt, Joe! I'm glad that you were able to get out and hunt in this decent weather, it looks like winter is arriving for real tomorrow. :frozen:

Sweet Barber Dime! :smitten: My first silver of 2012 was also a Barber Dime. Yours looks to be in great shape, full Liberty on the headband! Nice Indian Heads too! What's the date on the coin from the Philippines?

dave in iowa
01-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Dont forget , to buy your pesos at The Central Bank of the Phillipines, we were told that when i was in the phillipines in 1970 on rand r from being on the line (as we called it );; the line was the coast of vietnam .... great hunt joe

dave in iowa
01-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Ron and I made it to a new park today. One that was on the list last year... but I never got around to visit.

We were hoping for a lightly detected park but quickly realized we were searching for oldies that others had missed. :rolleyes: The park definitely shows signs of potential, so a return trip will be in order this year. :yes:

First silver of 2012. <:
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-1.jpg

as of now Joe , i have twice as many silvers as you >lol, that will soon change my friend , great hunt

JTGOLD
01-10-2012, 10:09 PM
nice barber and IH,good hunting.

del
01-10-2012, 10:32 PM
wow :omg: that was quick mister , i knew it wouldn't be long before the silver started flowing out of the ground for you Joe ;) lol lol sweet barber my friend :cheering: :cheering:

Cheap Thrills
01-10-2012, 10:35 PM
A great way to bring in the new year . :perfect10: |:cheering:

angellionel
01-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Very nice Joe! :clapping: And a Barber no less. :happydance01: That does make for a very good start. :yes:

Ill Digger
01-11-2012, 01:45 AM
So it begins! 8/ Just kiddin' lol
Thats a nice way to start the year my friend!!
Barbers are always one of my favs :smitten:
But I dig the Central Bank of the Philippines coin :cool:
Thats cool! thumbsup01 Somethin' different :yes:
Nice start!
Congrats!! :grin:

aloldstuff
01-11-2012, 08:08 AM
As I read this post oh no not another Barber dime Congrats on finding the keepers and I am determined that this year I will get myself a Barber dime.

randy
01-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Sweet way to start the year, and that barber looks very nice.

Epi-hunter
01-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Really nice hunt Joe :perfect10: Great way to start the year! That barber sure is beautiful! |:cheering: Hope you can get another hunt or two in before the snow sets in, but it sounds like you are in for a storm :-\

My first silver of 2012 was a merc crying01 (If I find a barber or seated coin next I might re-bury it rofl )

milco
01-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Very sweet finds and another spot for you to go back to! How many honeyholes you got there in Iowa anyway? By the way, do you ever dig a barber without full Liberty, :poke: it's another beauty! Congrats!

starman2
01-11-2012, 09:53 PM
:perfect10:, Sweet finds!! |:cheering: Nice Barber! Thats what I'm lookin for thumbsup01. Congrats on a great hunt!! Especially for Janurary. WTG!

jkress
01-11-2012, 10:45 PM
What's the date on the coin from the Philippines?

Thank you Tony. The Philippines coin is a five centavos from 1965. Sure beats a 1965 Jefferson. :yes:

as of now Joe , i have twice as many silvers as you >lol, that will soon change my friend , great hunt

lol You never know. :dontknow: You do quite well in your spots. :yes:

nice barber and IH,good hunting.

It did clean up very well after I photographed it. :smitten: Thanks JT.

wow :omg: that was quick mister , i knew it wouldn't be long before the silver started flowing out of the ground for you Joe ;) lol lol sweet barber my friend :cheering: :cheering:

This warm weather made for a quick start to 2012. Normally the ground would be frozen solid under a couple of feet of snow this time of year. But... snow and cold and more snow it forecasted for tonight and tomorrow. :frozen: I'll have to wait a bit to resume the new season.

A great way to bring in the new year . :perfect10: |:cheering:

thumbsup01 :yes:

That does make for a very good start. :yes:

Thank you Angel. :) A Barber is a great way to start the year... although it never really felt like last season ended. :twirlingeyes: I'm pretty sure we are done here until March now. crying01 Winter is coming tonight. :frozen:

So it begins! 8/ Just kiddin' lol

Yes it does. :cheesysmile: By the way... aren't you about due for a 6-8 silver coin spill? :confused: :yes: :poke: lol
Thanks brother.

I am determined that this year I will get myself a Barber dime.

This will be the year Al... I can feel it. :yes: I'm pulling for ya. thumbsup01

Sweet way to start the year, and that barber looks very nice.

Thanks Randy. This is probably the closest I'll be to your silver count for the rest of the year. :yes: lol
Best of luck to you this year.

Hope you can get another hunt or two in before the snow sets in, but it sounds like you are in for a storm :-\

Thank you Angie. Doesn't look like I'll be hunting again until March. The storm is just reaching us tonight. Should be about 4 inches of snow on the ground by this time tomorrow. crying01

Very sweet finds and another spot for you to go back to! How many honeyholes you got there in Iowa anyway? By the way, do you ever dig a barber without full Liberty, :poke: it's another beauty! Congrats!

This was one of those 'needle in a haystack' park. I'm sure they are there... but will take some time to extract. :yes:
But, I do have a few nice aces up my sleeve for the spring. :daydream:
Thanks D and yes... I have dug plenty of Liberty-less Barbers. :yes: lol

:perfect10:, Sweet finds!! |:cheering: Nice Barber! Thats what I'm lookin for thumbsup01. Congrats on a great hunt!! Especially for Janurary. WTG!

Thank you starman. I do love finding them. I hope you find one on your next hunt. :yes:

DennisH
01-12-2012, 11:09 AM
That's a sweet looking Barber dime Joe. :perfect10: