PDA

View Full Version : BORED!!!!

rsarge1
01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Well I got so bored I went out and shoveled the snow :frozen: off of my test garden so I could play with the v-3i's settings and to get more familliar with the machine, yep right after I shoveled the snow off guess what? it snowed >:{ >:{ LOL, you members that can still detect just don't know how lucky you are. Happy Hunting to those that still can in the mean time I will just have to sit here <} and read about it LOL .
somewhere under the snow in the attached pics is my test garden LOL

del
01-11-2012, 04:10 PM
sorry to hear of your dilemma Rsarge1 , with the exception of the freak Halloween storm we got that knock the power out for a week , we've been snow-less since. we got pounded last year and i can sure feel a lot of empathy for you and i know sitting in front of the monitor watching everyone find cool coins and things while your stuck inside can sometimes only make you feel worse. :rolleyes: hang in there :-> :->

aloldstuff
01-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Oh heck you're in Colorado, that snow should melt by next week. We here in western MA are expecting some of the white stuff tonight. I sure am glad that I have American Detectorist to comfort me until Spring. Everybody that can still detect, please post everything, my sanity rests on your shoulders.

randy
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
rsarge1, you seem to not be aware of one of the forum rules, that is actually grounds for banning, and that is that the S word is that that shall not be mentioned :poke: :poke: lol

Seriously tho, here's hoping for a quick melt in your neck of the woods. Its been a crazy winter, so anything is possible. The site I hit today had daffodils popping up, if you can believe it :crazy: That usually happens in March or April around here.

We're getting the deep freeze on Friday, so I definitely feel your pain. Here is to a quick and mild winter :beerbuddy:

rsarge1
01-11-2012, 05:40 PM
oops did'nt mean to break the rules LOL |:confused:) |:confused:)

jkress
01-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Hey... at least you tried. |:confused:)

Here in Iowa we have been blessed with about 1 entire month of extra detecting time. :smitten: I got several bonus hunts in this year right up to yesterday. :smitten:

There is a storm moving in as I type... my ground will look just like yours by morning. :frozen: With you... I envy the folks that get to dig all year long. :daydream:

Hang in there, spring will be here soon enough... eventually. :rolleyes:

odave
01-12-2012, 10:28 PM
It was 70 in the San Francisco East Bay yesterday when I drove
home from work , Still no rain yet...crazy weather out here...

Hang in there thumbsup01

CyberSage
01-13-2012, 08:20 AM
I don't have any snow up here in Fort Collins Sarge, but the ground is frozen solid. I am am getting stir crazy myself! We need to hook up for a hunt when things thaw out buddy.

Jack

firstring
01-13-2012, 09:33 AM
I went out swinging the detector ther other day, other than lots of clad, not much happening. Came home and told the wife the ground is getting pretty hard like it gets in the summer. Not because it's frozen - it's too dry. Sure would like to see some rain here. I've got to remember to put on the sunscreen. Sure is boring! Come on winter, get here.
From Sonoma County wine country of Nor Cal -
GO 9ners!

rsarge1
01-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah Jack we definately will have to do that when it thaws, oh well I guess today I will spend my time researching LOL come on spring.

Tony Two-Cent
01-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Our first winter storm arrived here yesterday, January 12. Current temperature of 14 F with a wind chill of -3 and about 2 inches of snow on the ground. Very windy. Brrrrrr.