PDA

View Full Version : IPhone App for detecting

RobW
01-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't have an IPhone, but this makes me wish I did!

I was looking over the Minelab website and found this, and thought that other my like to know about it too!

I copied and pasted it right from their website. You can get the app from the Minelab site for FREE!

It would even be fun for you NON-Minelab folks..and who knows, may even win you over! :yes:

Epic Find
Epic Find is the first iPhone app for Minelab.

Find treasure anywhere with your pocket metal detector! Minelab Epic Find uses your iPhone camera to simulate real-life metal detection, with special audio cues to help you learn and distinguish among the varying tones and values of different treasures like Golden Nuggles, or mysterious relics like the Sheriff's Remains. Unlock five popular metal detectors from Minelab, the industry's world leader in metal detection technology, and hunt across four worldwide locations.

Exciting Features:

•Detect Mode: Use your iPhone camera to scan the ground until you hear or see a change in tone.
•Pinpoint Mode: With your potential targets detected, pinpoint them by running your finger over tiles and listening for tones. A Target ID (TID) on your detector interface will help you differentiate metals and strategize which digs to pursue.
•Dig Mode: Tap on individual tiles to reveal finds. Be frugal and accurate with your taps; you will have limited battery life on your detector, as well as fluctuating patience levels.
•Locations: Hunt for pirate treasure among the tropical islands of Florida, western relics in the desert mountains of Arizona, war relics in historical battle fields of Virginia, and gold along the western coast of Australia.

Ill Digger
01-12-2012, 12:24 PM
I don't have an IPhone, but this makes me wish I did!
lol I don't have a IPhone either. But it sounds interesting though :yes: :thinkingabout:
Maybe Angie can download it and let us know how it is. :->

RobW
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I think it's a game! What a great concept.

Britt
02-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Apple's product, is very good and would like to have。 :smitten: