PDA

View Full Version : Central Wisconsin

iflygreen
01-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Hi from Plover, Wisconsin. I don't have any time detecting lately, as in years and years, but way back as a kid we started with a handmade Heathkit, then later on a sears(?) and then a friends dads Garrett(I think). It's been a long time. I have a couple of detectors I am interested in, but at the moment just reading pros and cons of each and I will probably end up trying one and then another and then another, etc...till I find what I like. I have been reading as much info as possible through books and internet forums and I find the electronics of metal detecting fascinating. I am more of a forum reader and searcher as most questions I have more than likely have already been asked, but you'll see me chiming in now and then with a question or idea. Joel

Epi-hunter
01-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi Joel, I'm glad you found us! |:cheering:

Good luck in your detector search. It sounds like you have the right approach. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, and welcome :)

Ill Digger
01-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Hey Joel! :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois!! :grin:
We drive through your area when we go visit my parents near Tomahawk :yes:

aloldstuff
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Joel, welcome from western MA. Looks like you have a big decision ahead of you. Once you've done the homework and pulled the trigger on a new detector, hope to see some posts of your finds.

Al

randy
01-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. Good luck on your decision.

Tony Two-Cent
01-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the forum from central Illinois! I hunted not too far from you in Black River Falls this past summer. The soil was really sandy there and I didn't find anything old.

Good luck finding a new detector! Keep us posted on your progress! thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
01-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Welcome Joel from SE Wisconsin.

del
01-14-2012, 03:42 AM
hello Joel , welcome to the forum . theres a lot of info on detectors here on the frum and i hope it can help you find a detector your very comfortable and happy with.

Dan

OxShoeDrew
01-15-2012, 12:51 PM
There aren't many bad detectors...a few mediocre detectorists though... lol myself included. Good luck with your choice.

angellionel
01-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Welcome Joel! Glad to have you with us.

jkress
01-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks for choosing to join our forum iflygreen. :clapping: It's great to have you here with us.
There is lots of great info here for you reading pleasure. If you come across a question you have not answered... please feel free to ask away. We are here to help. :)

jcbdc
02-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Hey, was in Plover this fall. I lived in Pointski 1975-1986!! Loved the area and the people. My parents got old and sick and I sold my practice and moved back to
TN. Went back every fall to chase grouse and would stop in and look at the growth of Plover!

Joe B

Always wanted to be a swinger, now I R one!! :white:usaflag::

Lowjiber
02-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada.

Remember the old Jetco's? They date back to your early days MDing. Once, after two days of tinkering, I found my Oldsmobile parked in my driveway. :rolleyes:

The new technology is much better now.

Have fun!

CODY
02-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Ya'll just chime right in whenever ya'll feel like it. Glad to have ya'll on board!

JTGOLD
02-06-2012, 08:37 AM
welcome to the forum.