PDA

View Full Version : SILVER IN CHANGE TODAY

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-22-2010, 06:21 PM
bought some smokes and got this back in my change today.a 1950-D rosie.
DO NOT CLEAN ANY VALUABLE COINS!!!!! but,since this is just worth it's weight in silver being a common date,high a mintage dime...i wanted to show ya what i use to clean my common silver.
works great,non-abrasive and i stand by this stuff.took me 30 secs to go from before and after pic of dime.
sold at most drug stores and wal-mart
dave

coinnut
02-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Ahhhhhhh.... The dreaded Tarn-X!! You just took that one and a half dollar dime and turned it into.......well, a one and a half dollar dime lol It does look nice and clean :yes: Is that your first silver of the year?? You gotta run it under your coil to make it official :rolleyes: And what's with the smokes:huh: Doesn't ren and stimpy have enough on you already, without giving them the endurance edge? :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Ahhhhhhh.... The dreaded Tarn-X!! You just took that one and a half dollar dime and turned it into.......well, a one and a half dollar dime lol It does look nice and clean :yes: Is that your first silver of the year?? You gotta run it under your coil to make it official :rolleyes: And what's with the smokes:huh: Doesn't ren and stimpy have enough on you already, without giving them the endurance edge? :confused:

lol no its not my first silver duuuude.look at my signature. :bop:
i can hang with them youngens and probably outlast em.I can swing for 14 hours bucko! :poke:

coinnut
02-22-2010, 07:08 PM
lol no its not my first silver duuuude.look at my signature. :bop:
i can hang with them youngens and probably outlast em.I can swing for 14 hours bucko! :poke:

lol I never look at your signature, but now that you forced me, I've got two ox knobs in one day :grin:. As for hanging with the youngens, they told me they were taking it easy on you so they wouldn't have to cart your body out of the woods. rofl

Jason in Enid
02-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Nice spot, and nice cleanup. I haven't gotten silver in change (not including my recent luck) in years.

Every year fire depts collect for Muscular Dystrophy, and I always scan through ALL the change we get hoping for a silver. 40% war nickels and wheaties are the only oldies I've been able to score though.

del
02-22-2010, 08:43 PM
yes very nice Dave now if you could only do that cleaning job with a colonial copper , George would adopt you and call you son lol rofl rofl i'm not so sure if thats a good thing lol rofl :poke: :tongue:.. you guys are neck and neck in competition for that ox knob crown as George stated he found two in one day last weekend so you can see he's really trying hard to win something this year. lol lol :tongue: :poke:

sniffy
02-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Uhh...Dave? Is this what happens when you get old? Your like Herbert (the old guy on Family Guy)....Herbert....refer to me as ren or stimpy will ya?

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-22-2010, 09:14 PM
yes very nice Dave now if you could only do that cleaning job with a colonial copper , George would adopt you and call you son lol rofl rofl i'm not so sure if thats a good thing lol rofl :poke: :tongue:.. you guys are neck and neck in competition for that ox knob crown as George stated he found two in one day last weekend so you can see he's really trying hard to win something this year. lol lol :tongue: :poke:

LOL he can have the memorial crown! i'm not fighting him for that one! :poke: but i am going for the copper crown this year. thumbsup01 i may think about leaving the oxknobs in the ground so he can have that crown too :confused: he'll get crwoned twice at the end of the year :bop: :bop:

coinnut
02-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Dave, quit living in the past lol 2009 is over, you can get rid of that copper count anytime now ;) Just saying, since you are asking me to read you signature rofl We'll see who's gonna get some lumps at the end of this year :bop: :bop: bad Dave :bop: lol

MT
02-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Ok...I'm a Californian. What's an &quot:daydream:stretcher: Knob.
HH,
MT

coinnut
02-22-2010, 09:36 PM
HH,
MT

Don't you guys farm out there? lol An ox knob is to colonial hunters like a pull tab is to park coinshooters :yes: We find them a nuisance :mad: They are a brass threaded knob that gets screwed onto an ox horn. This keeps the ox from hurting you or another ox. They usually fall off when plowing the fields. Ask Del to show you his exquisite collection ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-23-2010, 06:24 AM
HH,
MT

maybe in cali they call em goat knobs :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-23-2010, 06:25 AM
Hey Dave, quit living in the past lol 2009 is over, you can get rid of that copper count anytime now ;) Just saying, since you are asking me to read you signature rofl We'll see who's gonna get some lumps at the end of this year :bop: :bop: bad Dave :bop: lol

it's not living in the past..it's motivation to get 51 this year ;) :poke: rofl

coinnut
02-23-2010, 11:08 AM
it's not living in the past..it's motivation to get 51 this year ;) :poke: rofl

Dave, I think you are dyslexic. Did you mean 15? lol Cause I don't think you meant 51 rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Dave, I think you are dyslexic. Did you mean 15? lol Cause I don't think you meant 51 rofl

well the rate i'm going..i'll take 15 and stop pickin on my dyslexia disease :bop: :ticked:
geesh!! crying01

del
02-23-2010, 02:45 PM
wow forget the adoption thing you two sound like your married . lol rofl rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-23-2010, 09:49 PM
wow forget the adoption thing you two sound like your married . lol rofl rofl

i still love the ole chap! :smitten:

coinnut
02-24-2010, 08:51 AM
i still love the ole chap! :smitten:

I'm all choked up crying01 crying01 :smitten: rofl

kascinoh
02-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Actually, I think this is becoming more and more common - that is, getting silver, etc. in your change - maybe just a sign of the times/economy. One of my better 'finds' last year was this Standing Liberty I got in change from my BigMac meal at Mc D's. I probably should've gone back and inquired if there was any more in the clerk's drawer...

coinnut
02-24-2010, 11:52 AM
OUCH! That Standing Lib has seen better days lol But it is worth it's weight in silver. It's ironic that these coins are probably being cashed in because the owners need the money, but they are actually giving them for 1/10th to 1/15 their value. If they only knew they could bring them downtown and get much more for them. :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-24-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm all choked up crying01 crying01 :smitten: rofl

awwww :confused: i'm speachless :confused: