PDA

View Full Version : An Old Find

fyrffytr1
01-15-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm experiencing a mild case of cabin fever and was told the best remedy was to look through my old finds.
Well, I did and now I have a full blown case of the fever! I thought it might help if I posted one find even if I didn't find it.
My older brother gave me this shortly before he passed away back in 1990. He found it in a fire pit at one of the many camps surrounding the Hagerstown, Md. area. It would have been the find of a lifetime if it were whole.
But, I like it just the way it is.

Ill Digger
01-15-2012, 10:08 PM
What a great piece of American history!! :wow:
It's a great find just the way it is!! :yes: thumbsup01
Thanks for sharing it with us! |:confused:)

Epi-hunter
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Fanstastic find!!! Thanks for sharing. It does give me cabin fever too :crying02:

del
01-15-2012, 11:46 PM
:wow: great historic piece fyrffytr1 , i hope you don't mind me posting a picture of what it must of looked like back when it was first worn into battle . they are a beautiful buckle and comming from your brother the feelings you have for it must be so much more than just the historical aspect and i would treasure it as well , thanks for sharing it with us .

Dan

tanacat
01-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Was your brother a detectorist also? Sorry about his passing :-\ What a great find... thanks for sharing it with us :) And to Dan for an 'original' shot of what it looked like. What I like best about this forum is to learn, learn, learn.

fyrffytr1
01-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Was your brother a detectorist also? Sorry about his passing :-\ What a great find... thanks for sharing it with us :) And to Dan for an 'original' shot of what it looked like. What I like best about this forum is to learn, learn, learn.

Yes, he was an avid detectorist. It was back in the day when detecting was just catching on and there were finds to be made everywhere you looked. I left the area in 1969 at the invitation of my Uncle Sam and never returned except to visit about once a year. I had four brothers but the youngest didn't get into it like the rest of us.
Now, it is just me and one brother but we get together once a year to relic hunt.He has some awesome finds including this rare revolutionary war button. It is a Maryland Extra Battalion button and there are only two known examples.

POKIE73
01-21-2012, 08:16 AM
it makes every find no matter how small special when it is with family and freinds great hunting for you and your brother in the future and remember finds can come and go but family is forever good luck in the furure dennis

Fire Fighter 43
01-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Wow!! What a great find, your brother would be proud.

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-28-2012, 04:21 PM
awesome relics! love that rev war button! |:cheering: