PDA

View Full Version : I was drooling today!!!

Snowy
02-22-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm always researching some areas to detect up here in Maine ....
I was fortunate enough today to go by four places of particular interest in an area I've been looking at for a couple years.

I got to ride shotgun to Stratton/Eustis area up Route 27 and almost into Canada.
This route holds some serious history.
We passed by some areas with falling down buildings in the middle of trees ~ definite possibilities....

Past the Appalachian Trail and Bigelow Mountain... (my heart's pounding...)
Flagstaff Lake .... ooooohhh.... and an area right along side the lake with falling down buildings... :shocked04:

I ended up on Arnold Trail.... I had to tell my coworker, who was driving, to slow down.
There was so much to see and as I rode I asked, Where's 27 come out at?
The answer..... ~ Canada ....
I put it all into perspective.... I get it. And I know it. I was tracing the Arnold route in my head....
I'm still not able to patch up all the holes in the path, but I'm pretty darn close.

I was even able to determine it's less than 2 hours from our house.
Sounds like a vaca trip to me.
Talk about a day at work! I'll be up half the night tomorrow night reading the journals, maps, etc, all over again.

coinnut
02-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Sounds like there are enough areas there, to keep you two busy for the rest of the year lol Now all you have to do is plan out some time to hunt. Maybe you can do 3 day weekends? But I'm sure some of them places have to produce a couple of old relics. Hope you get to hunt them soon :)

Snowy
02-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Are you kidding? If I could survive on finds I'd move up there and detect every day for the rest of my life! lol

coinnut
02-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Are you kidding? If I could survive on finds I'd move up there and detect every day for the rest of my life! lol

lol lol You and me both... I am always hoping someone will give me a grant to metal detect till I die. Now that would be a job I would look forward to getting up for thumbsup01

Snowy
02-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah, boy! You got dat right!

RickO
02-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Wow... some real potential there Snowy... Two of my daughters live in Maine, will have to plan an MD trip there some day. Lived in Maine in 1963/64, but moved when they were closing the NH shipyard. RickO