PDA

View Full Version : It's not much, but its another roadside silver(for you frozen out diggers to lo

Hook
01-16-2012, 05:13 PM
I took the wife to the grocery store, and she told me to take my detector since she would probably be a while. (you know how the ladies can shop till they drop.)
So right around the corner from the store is an empty lot bordering city property, and since there was a city worker cutting the dead grass, i asked if the lot belonged to them also. Yep! This is in a section of town that is real close to the oldest roadway thru town .
So i started swinging right next to the road, being there was no sidewalk in this spot. Right away i hit a wheatie at 5 inches, but then started hitting copper pennies at 5 to 6 inches also. I always dig the deep penny hits in case it could be a silver dime not reading quite right...hasnt happened yet tho.
Then i get a solid dime signal at 6 inches, and out pops a 42 S. Surprised me because it was about as deep as the old copper pennies, and i figure the lot had fill dirt brought in, and the merc was probably in it. But i'm happy! My hunt only lasted just under an hour.

I usually would save this and post it with other stuff, but you yankee's up north that are having withdrawals, this might help a bit. Or it might add more torture hehe
HH all and thanks for looking!

sasquache
01-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Those are sweet coin finds Hook |:cheering:

starman2
01-16-2012, 06:20 PM
:wow: Nice!! You right. you made me cry a little :crying02:. But all is not lost. 45 degrees today. And close to 50 tomorrow. Might be raining though. But maybe the ground will soften a bit. I'll keep thinking positively. Thanks for thinking of us northern boys |:cheering:

POKIE73
01-16-2012, 07:03 PM
silver is always a big deal with the weather we are getting up here in n ill good hunting dennis

JTGOLD
01-16-2012, 08:06 PM
silver and wheats are always nice to find,wtg.

RaZR
01-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Nice silver merc rebel! ;)
It's really only been a few days here in Michigan without hunting. The snow came in right after several days of warm (ish) weather. Dropped about 5 here and today most of it melted. Love the bonus January finds. hope it warms tomorrow and there may be more hunting going on.
Congratulations on yer finds.
GL/HH

CODY
01-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Nice, Congrats

aloldstuff
01-17-2012, 10:36 AM
HOOK, god bless you for thinking about us frozen Yankees. Nice hunting and please keep posting.

serega
01-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Liberty! Liberty! :clapping:

Ill Digger
01-18-2012, 09:54 AM
It's a mile from what I'm finding! :( :girlcry: lol
It's way to cold and frozen here to even go out crying01 :frozen:
Looks like a fun hunt!
Congrats :grin:

jkress
01-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Way to take advantage of the time Hook. :clapping: