PDA

View Full Version : easy silver today, with a few relics

Hook
01-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Once again Onaug and i hit the dirt looking for goodies. The first stop produced 4 wheats and a cool small fork for me. I dont think the fork is silver, as there are no markings or stamps at all on it. But it sure came out clean and relatively shiney. Picked up a cool small padlock and a little clad here also.
Then we hit a spot i had hit briefly earlier this summer, but wrote this location off due to the 3 -4 inches of gravel the city put on the entire property. Onaug and i hunted the outskirts and edges of the gravel area, and i picked up a couple of sterling trinkets from a bracelet that were real close together in the dirt, But there's a black crud all over these, too tough to take off, other than the little bit i scraped off with a fingernail. the backside of the 2 pieces are covered with this crud. I also pulled a neat small capgun, about 4 inches deep, and a compact about the same depth.

Moved across the road to the other side of the park, and i picked up a little clad and another wheatie. Swinging toward Onaug, i see a shiny new dime laying in the short grass. I swing over it to make it official, and pick it up. Putting it in my pouch i catch a glimpse of the edge, and i gotta do a double take. I didint see the copper rim! I check the date and i cannot believe it...a 64 rosie!!! . Onaug walks over and spies a nickel lauying near where the dime was. Just a modern jefferson, dropped along with the dime from some kids pocket. I think Onaug was a little ticked about that one , being he's not found a silver dime yet, and ..as he stated..They are jumping into your pouch for you now, you aint even gotta dig em!

Ill Digger
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
I dont think the fork is silver, as there are no markings or stamps at all on it. But it sure came out clean and relatively shiney.
:shocked01: You got a Fork?
8/ Man! I've found 2 or 3 spoons, and I can't even remember how many knifes I've found, but never found one of the forks! :dontknow: :rolleyes: lol Those are from a kids tea set. They're made of aluminum. Thats why they look like that. Man I wish they were made of silver! :yes: <: lol I wonder why I the forks are harder to find? :dontknow:
I like the cap gun too! But who can complain about silver on the surface?! lol :happydance01: I Can relate to Onaug too :yes: But we all know it's just a matter of time and he'll be holding his first silver too. :yes:
Nice hunt!
Congrats on all the goodies :grin:

aloldstuff
01-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Nice hunting, especially the silver dime jumping into your pouch.....your partners time will come.

starman2
01-19-2012, 01:55 PM
:perfect10:! Very productive hunt |:cheering: At least you're able to get out there. Congrats on the silver dime. The easy way!

CODY
01-19-2012, 07:47 PM
:perfect10: Very nice finds. Congrats thumbsup01