PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the coins I had graded

DennisH
01-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Here are the picturs of the 5 of 7 coins I sent out to be graded. I know the SLQ is this years find but don't remember when for the other coins. Enjoy, I know I did. :)

Not the best picture of the coins but still not to bad for showing the holders.

On the back side on the holder under the hard case is a bar code, bar code numbers and a nice shiny reflective silver AUTHENTICATED ANACS logo.

I did send in 7 coins (and paid for 7) but two of them they would not authenticate and sent back. I believe all silver sent in will be labeled CLEANED, from the freezing and ground movement process during the years in the ground. And also the beautiful green we all like on copper is labeled corroded. Oh well, I will send in more if I find good'ens.

aloldstuff
01-19-2012, 03:48 PM
You got some nice gradings on those coins. To bad the nickel couldn't follow suit with the others. Congrats, those are some nice finds.

JTGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:27 PM
I like the 1917 quarter best but they are all very nice finds.good job.

Ill Digger
01-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Oh! That's nice! :cool: thumbsup01 I was thinking about doing that with a couple of coins that I've found over the last couple of years. I actually took a few to a nearby coin dealer and he said none were worth sending in. :eyebrow: But he'd do it if I wanted to pay. But my friend found a 1916D Merc and he said that his would get a poor grade and was Up to him if it's worth it :rolleyes: Needless to say I'm going to check out some of his competition and see what they think. :yes: lol Plus it's kind of expensive to do. :shocked01: And you have to insure them. Plus I usually have bad luck sending things away. :crying02:
But I might do it sometime. :dontknow:
Yours look great! :yes: thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

jkress
01-21-2012, 12:05 AM
Awesome Dennis! :happydance01:

You had an incredibly successful year. :yes: Glad to see you received some nice grades on your coins.

Love the 1917 SLQ. :smitten: But... you did manage to pull that from one of my go-to parks. :eyebrow: :poke: lol

Congrats friend.

DennisH
01-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Awesome Dennis! :happydance01:

You had an incredibly successful year. :yes: Glad to see you received some nice grades on your coins.

Love the 1917 SLQ. :smitten: But... you did manage to pull that from one of my go-to parks. :eyebrow: :poke: lol

Congrats friend.

Thanks Joe. I should clarify that not all the coins were found this year. I know the 1864 L was fom a few years ago. I sure hope 2012 is as luckey as 2011 was. Hope to get to hunt with you next year a few time, I will let you know when I'm in your neck of woods.

jkress
01-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Question for you Dennis...
The SLQ came back marked as 'Cleaned'. What was the cleaning process you used to remove the dirt?
Just curious. :->

Hope to get to hunt with you next year a few time, I will let you know when I'm in your neck of woods.

Sounds great. :yes: thumbsup01

leslie(nova scotia)
01-22-2012, 05:29 AM
From the land of the Bluenose....different me bouy and some nice finds. Hope they didn't charge you and arm and a leg. <;)

DennisH
01-22-2012, 06:46 AM
From the land of the Bluenose....different me bouy and some nice finds. Hope they didn't charge you and arm and a leg. <;)

All I did was soak and rinse under warm water adn then finished with a soft tooth brush. I think the CLEANED comment was refering to the micro scrathes put there by the ground freezing and heaving.

DennisH
01-22-2012, 06:48 AM
All I did was soak and rinse under warm water adn then finished with a soft tooth brush. I think the CLEANED comment was refering to the micro scrathes put there by the ground freezing and heaving.

I sent in 7 coins, three of them had very bad ground damage but the lady on the phone said they would verify the coin, grade and make note of the damage. I went for the economy package: 5 or more coins, pre 1964, value of less the $500 each at a cost of $14 each.

• So what this whole this cost me was shipping there: $29.35 I shipped USPS, express mail, signed receipt and insurance for $2150.00 value.
• 7 coins at $14.00 each for a total of $98.00
• Shipping costs for them to ship back to me $28.00, this is an easy calculation listed on the submission form.

Total cost is $155.35 or $22.19 per coin. I did pay by check because I don’t like putting my credit card numbers out there. Also economy is going to take longer the 15 days, how long depends on how busy they are.

coop
01-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Awesome coins!!!! Did you try to clean the slq ? or rub it when ya found it. I'm only asking because Ive seen a lot of dug silver get marked as cleaned from having fine scratches from being in the ground.

Cheap Thrills
01-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Great coins all but that SLQ is incredible . Congrats on finding those . :perfect10: |:cheering: