PDA

View Full Version : A Stander, a Walker, and Wheats

Hook
01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
I had an awesome morning today! I stopped at a house to inquire about the old empty one next door, the woman couldnt give me any info on it but offered her yard for me to hunt. I asked if i could have a friend join me and she said the invite was just for today, and me alone. So as i was hunting the front yard of the woman's house, the lady next door stopped to talk, and offered her yard also! I'm saving that one for Onaug to hunt with me.

Anyway, the yard i did hunt was loaded with iron, and other trash also. I dug a lot of copper fittings, and just random junk that rang up as coins. BUT..halfway thru the yard, i get a deep quarter sifnal, cut the plug and its down there about 6 inches. I rub the dirt away with the pinpointer and see silver laying flat. <silver dance> I pop it out and its a worn but beautiful to me Standing liberty quarter. My first ever!
I make a couple more passes down the side of the yard and get a quarter/half signal at about 6 inches. Could it be? I dig down and at 5 inches i see a silver rim almost straight up and down. I pop out a beautiful 45 D walkin half dollar. <silver dance> What a hunt ! i'm stoked, and i'm going back with Onaug in the morning to hit the yard next door. Thanks for looking and HH!

sandals
01-20-2012, 01:47 PM
what an awesome hunt!!!! sure love seeing that silver shining up at ya in the dirt!!!

starman2
01-20-2012, 02:53 PM
:omg: :perfect10:, What a find!! Thats what I call a successful hunt. Congrats! Beautiful Half |:confused:)

aloldstuff
01-20-2012, 02:56 PM
That is one beautiful WLH. Congrats on getting permission and also for getting the house next door. Its nice to get a first (SLQ). thanks for posting

randy
01-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Oh that's a beautiful walker, :perfect10: congrats on an awesome hunt.

Jeff (or)
01-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Beautiful coins, two of my favorites!! WTG!!! |:cheering:

Cheap Thrills
01-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Awesome hunt and nice pictures . |:cheering: Sounds like you have a way with the ladies both living and silver . :smitten: :cheering: lol

JTGOLD
01-20-2012, 05:59 PM
very nice silver finds,wtg.

Hook
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM
thanks for all the nice comments everyone! :yes:. i'm headed back there tomorrow to finish up the 2 yards ! :clapping:

POKIE73
01-20-2012, 06:44 PM
good finds it will be awile before we can get out thank you for showing all of us what we are missing anyway great hunt good luck in the future dennis

dperrott
01-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Awesome finds. Waiting to find my first walker! Congrats.

Tony Two-Cent
01-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Two terrific finds! I just love Standing Liberty Quarters, even when they're worn. If only this one could talk! :loveit:

Beautiful Walker too! Fantastic hunt, I can't wait to see what you find in the neighbor's yard! :->

Hook
01-20-2012, 08:02 PM
good finds it will be awile before we can get out thank you for showing all of us what we are missing anyway great hunt good luck in the future dennis

i'm trying my best to either make you cold weather guys either green with envy, or keep you all hunting along with me while the weather stays warm down here. I'll do my best tomorrow and sunday, and i hope to have more to post!

Hook
01-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Two terrific finds! I just love Standing Liberty Quarters, even when they're worn. If only this one could talk! :loveit:

Beautiful Walker too! Fantastic hunt, I can't wait to see what you find in the neighbor's yard! :->

I agree Tony. too bad all the oldies we dig up cant tell us how many hands they passed thru, or about the hard lives most of them with these coins actually had. People like to talk about the good old days. Well the best days are these days. Life back then may have been simpler, but it was a hard life and not easy at all.
HH everyone, and if you're frozen in, well then, just ride along with us diggers still able to dig! happydance02 :clapping:

jkress
01-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Now this is a heck of a hunt. <:

Two great coins in one session. :smitten: Love them both.

I wonder how many dollars of products, services, bets and debts the SLQ had purchased throughout it's life? :-> A pretty amazing number I am sure.

Congrats on some fantastic keepers. :clapping: