PDA

View Full Version : F2 Depth with 8 Coil

Atokad
01-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Out of around 100 targets that I dug today nothing was deeper than 4 and most were in the 1-3 range. Is this normal for the F2 or could I possibly have a problem? I am running max sens and only iron discriminated out. I found one mason jar lid at about 6 but it was sitting in there perfectly horizontal. I probably could have found it with a magnet on a string. On probably 95% of the targets I pick up with the F2 I can find with the f-pointer and pop them out without digging a plug they are so shallow.

I am planning on getting an AT Pro or F5 but it will be a few months before I can afford it. Until then I want to get the most out of my F2. Any help with how I can get deeper targets would be appreciated.

CODY
01-23-2012, 04:56 AM
How does it do on an air test? I don't know a lot about the F2. The F4 I have came with the 11&quot:grin:cheesysmile:. It does great. The F75 I just got does go deeper but one thing I have discovered is you cant rely on the numbers displayed on the F75. If its a high tone, you better dig it. Seems like the numbers displayed on the F4 were more accurate.

Atokad
01-23-2012, 03:17 PM
It does good on air tests. 8 for a nickel and 9 for a quarter. But I don't see anything like that in the ground!

CODY
01-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Have you tried to bury different coins at different dephts? I did this in my back yard. I buried a pull tab, a coke can, a zinc penny, a copper penny, nickle, dime and quarter. I have them all burried in a row, 2 feet apart, 6 to 8 inches deep. This is where I practice.

Atokad
01-24-2012, 11:39 PM
I'll have to do that once this storm front goes away. Three days of rain >:\ I'll let you know how it goes, thanks!

Atokad
01-28-2012, 11:01 AM
I've decided to order the 10 concentric coil and see if that helps me get down there a little deeper. I put a quarter in the ground at 7 and the F2 hit on it pretty well so maybe I just haven't swung over any deep targets yet.

I also am ordering a Pro Pointer and I hope that it will cut my digging time down some. The F-Pointer that came with the F2 is a joke!
:sick: :sick: :sick: I'm sure I will make a miraculous recovery once the Pro-pointer and coil gets here tho. <:

BKM
04-03-2013, 10:53 AM
With the 11 DD coil I routinely hit dimes and pennies at 6-8 inches and bigger targets deeper. I got it because even the 10 concentric wasn't going deep enough for me.

Atokad
04-07-2013, 10:17 PM
I am having that exact problem still. I got the 10 but still struggle so much.