PDA

View Full Version : Been Holdin' Out

Ill Digger
01-22-2012, 03:32 AM
Hey everybody! :groovy:
Well I don't mean to hold out on ya. But it's been a hectic past couple of weeks around here. :crazy:
Now the cold and snow has finally come in and shut down detecting for a little while. :frozen:
But before the deep freeze moved in I was able to make it out a few times thumbsup01
I hit a couple local parks and found some clad a few wheats. (Not shown lol)
I also hunted some private property with much better results :yes: thumbsup01

January 7th:

The first oldies of 2012!! <:
1902 IH, 1895V nickle, and 1919 wheatie!
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1372.jpg

Having a good day on the 7th I went back the following day....

January 8th:

Not long into the hunt I see my first silver edge of the new year!! :shocked04: :happydance01: Which turned out to be a 1906 Barber dime :cool:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1358.jpg

Later on while hunting in the cornfield I got a nickle signal. I dug the hole and when I flipped the dirt over I seen this....
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1362.jpg

Here you can see where the coin was sitting in the dirt. Which turned out to be the greenest 1901 V nickle I've ever seen :envious:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1363.jpg

I ended the day with 6 oldies!! :yes:
1901 V nickle, 1920 Buff, 1906 Barber dime, 1919 Merc, and two 1899 IH's!!
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1371.jpg

2012 is starting pretty good!! :yes:
Now if we can just get the ground to soften up a little. So I can get back out there and hopefully add a few more oldies to the 2012 totals!
Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone!! :grin:

Tony Two-Cent
01-22-2012, 05:24 AM
Wow, you're really starting the year off great, Tim! Those are some excellent finds for this time of year! :happydance01:

Some of those coins have nice detail left on them too, like the top 1899 Indian Head. I love your photos of the coins still in the dirt! :yes:

Congrats on the terrific finds! :clapping:

leslie(nova scotia)
01-22-2012, 05:27 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice selection of coppers. Congrats. <;)

coop
01-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Awesome!!!!!!!! Love the in situ pics thumbsup01

JTGOLD
01-22-2012, 09:10 AM
by-golly, you did alright for a great start of the new year,hope the rest of the year is just as good if not better,very nice finds,wtg.

Atokad
01-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Wow very nice finds! If I found any one of those I would be rushing to get a pic posted on here lol. I don't see how you were able to hold out for so long!

angellionel
01-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Those are some very nice finds Tim, and a great stat to the year. :clapping: Great photos by the way. thumbsup01

CODY
01-22-2012, 10:31 AM
WTG Tim! |:cheering: Very nice finds. :perfect10: Congrats!

Full Metal Digger
01-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Excellent finds Tim! That picture of the nickel in the cornfield is awesome. That must have been a thrill because a nickel signal could be lots of things and then to see the edge of a coin in the ground! I just that thrill. Best wishes for more great finds! Dave.

Snapolson
01-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Those are some amazing finds Tim. :clapping: Congrats!! :perfect10:

coinhunter
01-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Great finds. I can see from some of your pictures you were in a corn field. You got to love thoughs corn fields. :happydance01:

jkress
01-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Wow!! Incredible couple of hunts Tim. :clapping: You pulled out some great oldies. :smitten:
The 1901 V held up very well. :happydance01: Congrats on the silver and IH's too... especially the Barber.
Nice shots too. thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
01-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Excellent finds and pictures Tim , a really refreshing post . It almost makes me want to take my sore ,tired old self out in the rain and do some tectin' today but I think I'll rest up and heal a bit while
watching the Niners and Giants duke it out . :yes: Nice going Tim ! :perfect10: |:cheering: :cool:

starman2
01-22-2012, 01:08 PM
|:cheering: :clapping: :clapping:, Way to start the year off! Awesome finds :perfect10: Congrats. Here, Here for the ground thawing out :frozen:

Jason in Enid
01-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Those are some great coins to start your year! That field is really producing a bountiful harvest. |:cheering:

randy
01-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Awesome finds. :perfect10: That's a fine collection of old coins, especially at this time of the year.

Ill Digger
01-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Some of those coins have nice detail left on them too, like the top 1899 Indian Head. I love your photos of the coins still in the dirt! :yes:

Congrats on the terrific finds! :clapping:
Thanks Tony! the Barber dime and the one IH are in really good shape. I was pleasetly surprised with those finds. :smitten:

From the land of the Bluenose.....nice selection of coppers. Congrats. <;)
Thanks Leslie! :beerbuddy:

Awesome!!!!!!!! Love the in situ pics thumbsup01
Thanks Coop!........ I try :blush: lol

by-golly, you did alright for a great start of the new year,hope the rest of the year is just as good if not better,very nice finds,wtg.
Thanks Terry |:confused:) I can only hope. :yes: :angelic:

Wow very nice finds! If I found any one of those I would be rushing to get a pic posted on here lol. I don't see how you were able to hold out for so long!
Thanks! There are other reasons as well but.... \:hammer: :lipssealed:

Those are some very nice finds Tim, and a great stat to the year. :clapping: Great photos by the way. thumbsup01
Thanks Angel |:confused:) After the blast of snow we've got ....it seems so long ago. :daydream: :( lol

WTG Tim! |:cheering: Very nice finds. :perfect10: Congrats!
Thank you Cody! :)

Excellent finds Tim! That picture of the nickel in the cornfield is awesome. That must have been a thrill because a nickel signal could be lots of things and then to see the edge of a coin in the ground! I just that thrill. Best wishes for more great finds! Dave.
Thanks Dave! Thats one of the reasons I snapped the pictures in the field. :yes: After I flipped the dirt over and seen it was a coin I was like :shocked04: Holy cow! It is a coin! Sweet! <: This should be a oldie too!! :drool:

Those are some amazing finds Tim. :clapping: Congrats!! :perfect10:
Thanks Christian |:confused:) It's not gold... :rolleyes:...but I'll take it. ;) :poke: lol

Great finds. I can see from some of your pictures you were in a corn field. You got to love thoughs corn fields. :happydance01:
Thanks coinhunter! I do love those cornfields! :yes: :smitten:
I don't find a whole lot usually. But when I do find something it's usually a oldie! thumbsup01

The 1901 V held up very well. :happydance01: Congrats on the silver and IH's too... especially the Barber.
Nice shots too. thumbsup01
Thanks Joe! |:confused:) The 1901 V does have some nice details. But that's not what it looked like when I dug it up \:hammer:
It was so green I thought it was my first 2 center. :shocked01: The green crust was so thick and hard I could only see one side of the V on thew reverse. I used Tawna's soy sauce treatment on it. Cleaned up pretty good! :yes: thumbsup01 Thanks Tawna! |:confused:)

Excellent finds and pictures Tim , ........ but I think I'll rest up and heal a bit while
watching the Niners and Giants duke it out . :yes: Nice going Tim ! :perfect10: |:cheering: :cool:
Thanks Sheik! |:confused:) Yeah! Kick back, take it easy, and enjoy the game! :yes:
Today I'm a 49ers fan :cheering: lol

|:cheering: :clapping: :clapping:, Way to start the year off! Awesome finds :perfect10: Congrats. Here, Here for the ground thawing out :frozen:
Thanks starman! :beerbuddy: I'm totally happy with a start like this! :yes:
Before you know it we'll be complaining about the heat and skeeters. >:/ lol

Those are some great coins to start your year! That field is really producing a bountiful harvest. |:cheering:
This is the earliest silver I've found, so far, in my short detecting career :yes:
And I'm tickled pink with it! It's probably one of the nicest old coins I've found, as far as condition gos. :yes: :smitten:
Thanks for the comment Jason! :beerbuddy:

Awesome finds. :perfect10: That's a fine collection of old coins, especially at this time of the year.

Thanks Randy! I gotta start early :yes:.......... before you get to far outta site :shocked04: 8/ lol

Thanks for all the great comments and responses everyone! |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)
Hopefully if the weather get to the point that it's bearable outside, I'll be back out trying to add to my totals!

milco
01-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Great finds Tim, way to start out the new year!

aloldstuff
01-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Some very nice finds there, great way to start 2012. That 1901 V looks really good. Hang in there it will be spring before we know it.

Fire Fighter 43
01-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Great start to the year Tim. Of all the years to be laid-up. This winter has been unbelievably mild for our area.

plehbah
01-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Silver is always nice!