PDA

View Full Version : v rated 6 X 10 test

starman2
01-25-2012, 03:19 PM
:peace: Hi All, Is there any way to test a v rated 6 X 10 coil, if you don't have a V3 detector? I have a DFX. Tried it out for a little while today. But couldn't get it to quiet down. Bad spot. Does the same with the D2. I did find $.35 cents with it. I had to turn the A.C. way down. And the preamp to about 2. It still would not shut up. Might as well just look for change laying on top of the ground. >{

Zip Zip
01-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Possible EMI interference ?

Lowjiber
01-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Is there any way to test a v rated 6 X 10 coil, if you don't have a V3 detector? I have a DFX. Tried it out for a little while today. But couldn't get it to quiet down. Bad spot. Does the same with the D2. I had to turn the A.C. way down. And the preamp to about 2. It still would not shut up.

I agree with Zip Zip's idea.

Your post implies you've used the 10D2 and the 6x10 on the same machine with the same results...thus eliminating the coils. That only leaves EMI or the DFX.

yazoo
01-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Try your smallest concentric coil or any other smaller coil and if the emi is still present drop AC way down and pre amp @ 2. I had some areas that the DFX just would not work with any combo of settings 2 get rid a of EMI close to hospitals were the worst. Try correlate also. Yazoo