PDA

View Full Version : Two Barbers, Buttons

OxShoeDrew
01-26-2012, 06:44 AM
After work Merc and I stopped at the cellar hole where I dug a seated dime on Friday. The snow was gone and the ground saturated. :drool:
After 45 min around the hole I only found one possible signal. I was discouraged to find the ground still frozen. Turned out to be a shotgun shell :(
So I went out in the fields where the ground was soft.
The following pics were dug in the next 45 min I spent out there.
I need to go back and check more of those fields thumbsup01
As always, thanks for looking.

POKIE73
01-26-2012, 07:15 AM
great hunt always a plus when you can get those barbers they look to be in great shape good hunting dennis

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-26-2012, 07:45 AM
nice hunt Drew!yep the cellar hole lips are the 1st to freeze :frozen:

skribnodsister
01-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Sweet Barbers :peace: Congrats :perfect10:

CODY
01-26-2012, 08:38 AM
:wow: Love those Barbers. I have found only two since I started MDing last year. They seem to be kinda rare down here in this area. So they have kind of become my Holy Grail. Ha. Congrats on some mighty sweet looking coins and buttons. Is raining cats and dogs down here today. Will be awhile before I can hunt again. >:\

Ill Digger
01-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Oh yeah! <: Two Barbers in one hunt!!
What a nice reward for having to go to work. :beerbuddy: :clapping: lol
Nice finds Charlie! thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

randy
01-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Those barbers can be tough to dig. congrats on getting two in one day :clapping:

OxShoeDrew
01-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Thank you everybody...you know I'm very appreciative when I find almost anything that isn't a nail or ox shoe, but when I dug the first Barber yesterday I actually said, oh darn, its only a Barber. :embarrassed:
In my defense the seated I dug Friday looked just like it. Talk about spoiled. lol

Tony Two-Cent
01-28-2012, 07:50 AM
It must be tough, getting to the point where you're disappointed with finding Barbers. lol

I know what you mean though. I remember how excited I used to get in my earlier detecting days when I found a Merc. Now they don't excite me like they used to.

But seriously Drew, two Barber Dimes and four buttons is amazing for only 45 minutes of hunting! I would take that any day! thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
01-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Two barbers in 45 minutes Oh Yah!! That is definetly worth a return trip.