PDA

View Full Version : Hello from east Tennessee

jcbdc
01-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone I am in the big town of Rockford. Between Maryville and Knoxville. Got a Whites coinmaster pro to help me regain my strength following a stroke last year.

Joe

Epi-hunter
01-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi Joe, glad you found us! I've heard good things about your detector. I was in Nashville for a couple of days last week and saw a few parks that made me wish I had my detector. Good digging weather (at least the ground isn't frozen!) |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
01-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Welcome from central Illinois, Joe! There should be some great hunting sites in your area, lots of history there. Best of luck with rebuilding your strength and with your metal detecting! Keep us posted on your progress! thumbsup01

jkress
01-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Welcome from Iowa jcbdc. It's great to have you here with us. :clapping:
With your detector and area, looks like you'll be having a great time. :->

tanacat
01-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Howdy neighbor! :groovy: Welcome to the forum. I live in Lexington, Ky and use White's detectors also.

I think this is perfect hobby for regaining your strength - it's so healthy mentally & physically :yes:

del
01-27-2012, 03:05 PM
hello Joe and welcome to the forum , the hobby will definately get you out of the house and some good exercise . looking toward seeing you make some nice finds Joe .

Dan

randy
01-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA.

aloldstuff
01-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Welcome from western MA. You're in a nice area and I hope your plan for regaining your strength works out. Looking forward to your posts and heres hoping for a good 2012.

POKIE73
01-27-2012, 10:41 PM
welcome to this forum my parents live in rogersville tn that has to be close to you i hope to go there in the spring and try my luck for some civil war relics good hunting dennis

Fire Fighter 43
01-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Welcome Joe from SE Wisconsin and good luck with your recovery. There is nothing like a little detecting to get the mind and body back in shape. HH

CODY
01-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Hey Joe, welcome from Mississippi. Glad you found us. Use to go to Knoxville twice a year for buisness. That area up around there is Gods Country for sure. Will be looking forward to your post and finds. Good luck and HH.

Lowjiber
01-28-2012, 07:28 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada, Joe! Come up on the porch and sit a spell. We're glad you're here. :yes:

Mudder
01-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Hi Joe, and welcome to the forum. You should have some really great sites to hunt there, if you can get around the rocks. Looking forward to some great posts. thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Ill Digger
01-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Hey Joe! :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois!! :grin:

OxShoeDrew
01-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Joe, my guess is MDing is good for the body and soul. You might consider a tetanus shot, Lyme vaccine, and neon hunting garments, just to be safe :grin:

JTGOLD
01-31-2012, 09:40 AM
welcome to the forum,Joe,I lived in Loudon for 5 years and lot's of great hunting area down there.thats not very far from where you live.

jcbdc
01-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Wow, thanks for all of the welcomes! For you all hunting under snow, I did my post grad in WI and then went to Stevens Point, WI for ten years. Don't miss the snow or cold at all. My CMP has found me a lot of junk so far. I did plant a garden and it seems to recognize my taim coins but not wild ones. Still working with it. One of these days we will mesh! Getting up and down to dig is still hard but I need the exercise. A year of doing nothing is hard on a 61 y/o fat boy. :white:usaflag::.
My dealer said he would come help me. I have a 100+ y/o cabin on my property I want to hunt. It was my man cave where a group of men from my church meet monthly for prayer ( we prayed for the right cards) :beerbuddy: and sample spring water :tongue:

Joe

POKIE73
02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
where is rockford located i may be able to put you in touch with my dad and brother in law they live in rogersville maybe you guys could get together good luck and if you want let me know dennis

jcbdc
02-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Polis, Rckford is between Knoxville and Maryville.

Joe happydance02