PDA

View Full Version : Boy Scout Campground trip plan next weekend

Keychainman
01-28-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm planning a return trip to the Boy Scout Campground site next weekend. The caretaker told me that there isn't no boy scouts plans for the whole month of Feb. The caretaker is a old high school buddy, so I decide to call him this morning and he told me that I could come all next weekend and all next month. I went last Sat. and just was able to metal detect just 1 campground because I there about 5 hrs. trying to go over every square inch. I was able to find over $7.00 in change, (all change was dated 60's & 70's), a bunch of tent pegs, trash, and my first Half Dollar. I'm pretty sure there is some silver in the ground just haven't found none yet.The campgrounds was built in the early 60's and been added on thru the years. They got over 1600 acres and about 20 campgrounds named after Indian tribes. They also have a swimming lake, fishing lake, dining hall, primitive campgrounds. the pictures are from last weekend.

starman2
01-28-2012, 01:00 PM
:perfect10: Congrats on your first Half! I've only found one also. Sounds like you have a good place to hunt. |:cheering: :frozen: Snowed up here in Mich.

Fire Fighter 43
01-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Congrats on your first half. I'm sure you will clean-up at that site.

RaZR
01-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Go around the edges of those pallets the tent frames are on. Most of the scouts throw their stuff on the floor of the tents and under the cots. They push it off the edges of them as they throw more stuff down. As a former Asst. scout master i have seen it in action! Any areas where there were tents that were moved would be good for lost treasure that went between the boards.
Good luck with your hunt! thumbsup01

plehbah
01-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Think like a scout! Metal detect the tops of mountains!