PDA

View Full Version : Another sidewalk silver for you froze up diggers.

Hook
01-28-2012, 02:20 PM
I dont have as many goodies as most of you guys when i post, but here goes anyway lol.
I went back to where Onaug and i had hunted a sidewalk strip yesterday. I hunted the next strip down the road, and hit a few goodies :cheesysmile:

After a ton of trash, and junky ole zincoln and copper pennies, i get a deep quarter hit. Cut the plug, and at about 5 inches deep, the pinpointer shows me the sight we all love to see! :yes:es: Its a 46 washington.
I hunted this strip and a couple others, including the strip on the side of the police station. I was seen by at least 15 cops, and nobody said a word to me. That's a surprise as the cops in this town mostly tend to have attitudes lol.
Total take for the hunt was 1.45 in clad, including 5 clad dimes. So at least i know my machine can still find them, instead of just calling every copper penny it sees a dang dime .The silver washington and 6 wheats were the best of the bunch.
HH and thanks for looking!

Fire Fighter 43
01-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Congrats on the silver and a successful hunt.

plehbah
01-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Good job on beating the fuzz!

Tony Two-Cent
01-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Congrats on the silver quarter! I haven't been able to find one in ages. Good thing I have your great photos to remind me what one looks like! lol

Great hunt, and I'm glad the cops left you alone! thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
01-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Nice going on the silver quarter . |:cheering:

Hook
01-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Congrats on the silver quarter! I haven't been able to find one in ages. Good thing I have your great photos to remind me what one looks like! lol

Great hunt, and I'm glad the cops left you alone! thumbsup01

thanks Tony! the cam i use is just an average digital with zoom and macro. sometimes they turn out good...most times not lol.

i have found a ton of quarters and stuff lately, but my silver dime count is seriously anemic. i find lots of wheats, and other deep clad including dimes, yet i hardly ever find any mercs or rosies. very few . i have NO clue as to the shortage of dimes. but i aint complaining at all! as long as these other silvers keep showing up lol.
thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

jkress
01-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Score! <:

You gotta love those silver quarters. :smitten: Thanks for posting for those of us who are in the grips of winter. We appreciate it.

Congrats on some nice keepers.

CODY
01-29-2012, 03:52 AM
Sweet silver, can't beat it. :perfect10: Congrats. thumbsup01 Hey guys, take it easy on the brothers! We have a lot of stress! lol lol

aloldstuff
01-29-2012, 07:42 AM
Hook, You are definately in the rich section of town, that's why no dimes and lots of quarters......This is one frozen mder and thanks for the post.

starman2
01-29-2012, 10:06 AM
:perfect10: Nothin better then big silver! |:cheering: Those side walks are a killer for you. Good Going!! :groovy:

JTGOLD
01-29-2012, 11:57 AM
nice silver and wheats,wtg.