PDA

View Full Version : v-3i Hip mount kit (THANKS TO MIDAS FORUM SPONSER)

rsarge1
01-29-2012, 01:08 PM
I was told on the whites forum that the v-3i hip mount could not be done >{ so I gave up on it, but thanks to Midas I found a way that works and ordered a hip mount kit from whites p/n 802-5260-xlt hipmount kit (uses a belt on the left side)(cable with this kit is too thin, not good for the v3i) so I also had to order the 5' heavy duty extension cable(which is heavily shielded against rf) p/n 802-7205. The total came to about $95 but this will save on wear and tear on the arm and back and it works fine :clapping: :clapping: . LOL
see attached pics, happy hunting all !! Im just getting ready for when the ground thaws LOL

angellionel
01-29-2012, 06:32 PM
The man is quite inventive. :clapping: Nice setup Sarge. :yes:

Fire Fighter 43
01-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Very nice set-up. I could never figure out why detector manufactures do not make hip mounts an option for there detectors or Atleast have a kit to do it yourself. Back in the seventies the option to hip mount was more prevalent and they actually sold some detectors with the option to be standard or hip mounted. Although they were heavier back then. I'm sure your new set-up will get you more time in the field. GL & HH

rsarge1
01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Ok well heres some pics of the set up using the belt, after using the belt I think I will try this first, it seems to work quite nicely veiwing the screen,

I went out to my front yard and used the test sticks with this set up and the machine worked just as good as it did before, this will save on the back and arms this spring after the ground thaws LOL.

sorry for the quality of pics but hopefully you get the idea LOL

happy hunting

sarge

midas
01-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Sarge,
If you wanted to use a camera strap, you can hook it at the 2 holes in the bracket where the screws attached to the box.

rsarge1
01-30-2012, 08:23 PM
yeah I seen that too but I will try it this way first it actually feels comfortable so well see come spring thanks again

sarge