PDA

View Full Version : Yet another silver coin, and no its not a dime lol

Hook
01-29-2012, 07:27 PM
This is getting a little weird and funny now. I can find these silver quarters all over the place, and cant find a silver dime . Not that i'm complaining at all, i'm having a blast on this silver run .

On this 2 hour hunt, i dug over 20 semi deep to deep penny signals hoping my 250 would be wrong and some of those were actually dimes, but nope! i'm going to go airtest my machine on some silver dimes to see if they register! . I didnt dig a single wheat this hunt tho, but had 5 or 6 pennies in the low 60's.
The washington rang up as dime/quarter at 5 inches. It was fairly on edge, but not quite straight up and down. And i managed to skin the reverse with my digger,. I didnt get in the hole pics because my daughter snuck the camera from my digging pouch and was taking pics of her 25 lb kitty lol.
Happy hunting to all, and thanks for looking!
Attached Images

JTGOLD
01-29-2012, 07:43 PM
keep finding thoes silver quarters,they are 15 cents bigger than dimes :grin: :grin: :grin:
well done.

Atokad
01-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Very nice but where are the kitty pics? :teasing:

Fire Fighter 43
01-29-2012, 08:29 PM
That is terrible that all you can find is Silver quarters, I hate it when all I'm finding is silver halfs LOL. Congrats on the quarters I'm sure the dimes will start popping soon.

Tony Two-Cent
01-29-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm the exact opposite, I can find silver dimes but no quarters!

Congrats on the 1951 Washington! thumbsup01

Hook
01-29-2012, 08:56 PM
That is terrible that all you can find is Silver quarters, I hate it when all I'm finding is silver halfs LOL. Congrats on the quarters I'm sure the dimes will start popping soon.

please dont think i'm complaining..its quite the opposite lol. i just think its strange to find the bigger stuff while the dimes are eluding me. i find plenty of old wheats and the ace hits a copper penny way down deep...but the silver dimes are hiding well lol

Cheap Thrills
01-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Good going on the three silver quarters they don't pop up too often for most .

starman2
01-29-2012, 10:42 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:! Great find Hook! |:cheering: A nice big silver to add to your collection :perfect10:. Making your fortune one coin at a time! <:

CODY
01-29-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm the exact oppisite also. Can't find nothing but dimes. Not complaining mind you. But it would be nice to get a quarter now and then. Congrats!

Hook
01-29-2012, 11:05 PM
thanks for all the kind comments everyone! as far as no dimes for me..i'm deliriously happy to be finding anything silver at all. dont pay any attention if i start whining lol
HH all!! and silver quarters and half's for everyone!!!!

jkress
01-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Dang... yet another nice silver quarter. <:

I'd ride this quarter streak as long as you can. :peace:

Congrats.

Ill Digger
01-30-2012, 02:14 AM
I'd ride this quarter streak as long as you can. :peace: Right! :yes: lol
Thats good problem to have! :yes: lol If your getting deep wheats then the dimes aren't far behind \:hammer:
But ride this train till the end my man! :yes: <:
Sweet find!
Congrats! :grin:

aloldstuff
01-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Hook let me extend some sympathy your way, all quarters and no dimes. Maybe with a little luck you'll get a dime. Keep digging and keep posting, thanks.

Fire Fighter 43
01-30-2012, 05:54 PM
please dont think i'm complaining..its quite the opposite lol. i just think its strange to find the bigger stuff while the dimes are eluding me. i find plenty of old wheats and the ace hits a copper penny way down deep...but the silver dimes are hiding well lol

I know your not complaining, I was just ribbing you a bit. HH

Jason in Enid
01-30-2012, 07:20 PM
I've got an idea, lets trade hunting sites. you can come dig my few and far between silver dimes and I'll dig your plethora of silver quarters! :beerbuddy:

Congrats on the quarters. If you are finding those, there has to be some silver dimes hiding in there also.

angellionel
01-30-2012, 07:21 PM
You are killing them Hook! :clapping: You are on a nice streak for sure. :yes:

plehbah
01-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Silver quarters are precious and should be treasured.

Epi-hunter
01-30-2012, 10:28 PM
There is something about those Washington silver quarters that I just love. They look so different than the clad version (unlike the Roosevelt dimes) and you just instantly know they are silver. Congrats!!! |:cheering:

Hook
01-30-2012, 11:46 PM
just for the record i am EXTREMELY happy and thankful i'm on a quarter streak. Not complaining at all, just commenting on the lack of silver dimes and the strangeness of it all. But i will hit em again in the morning..i just saw a picture of the house that used to sit on the empty lot i found the last quarter on. It was a short hunt and very productive, hence the return trip. The house that was there was built in the late 1800's and torn down in 1965. Should be LOTS of goodies there, if i can see past all the nails and trash.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone, i appreciate it!! |:cheering:
HH all!