PDA

View Full Version : SDHOS today, but found some goodies anyway.

Tony Two-Cent
01-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Getting sick of me yet? :blush:

I had to endure the Silverless Drive Home of Shame today, but at least that should make DaddyDigger happy! (Saved some for you Dave!) lol

Things started out REALLY slow today, I hunted for almost 3 hours before I found an old coin and it was a wheat cent. Then I started finding wheat cents and Indian Heads on a fairly regular basis. Yesterday I didn't find a single wheat cent, but I didn't care since I got three silvers. Today I couldn't find a silver to save my life, and ended up with 7 wheat cents. Oh well.

I also found 3 Indian Heads, a marble, a 1921 Illinois Chauffeur's License, two junk rings, and an old bus token.

Here are my finds for the day:

Three Indian Heads, which is the most I've ever found in one day at this site:

Of the seven wheat cents, here are the four oldest, 1911-D, 1914, 1916-S, 1919-S:

I thought this was an interesting find:

And a bus token from Decatur, IL. It is very similar to one I found from Aurora, IL last year:

It's supposed to be in the 50s all week here, unheard of for the last week in January!

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Full Metal Digger
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Nice finds Tony! I wish you could have found another seated or two. I kept checking my phone to see if you called today. I thought for sure you'ld find something really neat. Funny how most of the IH's we find there are 1903. That was the year of the Worlds Fair here in St. Louis. I wonder if they had a big state fair up there that same year? Today was a total bust for me too. I only got 1 wheatie and a bunch of junk. I wish I didn't have to work this week. Gonna be in the 60's every day. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Cheap Thrills
01-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Those are some great finds Tony . Finding any one of those great looking Indians or that cool looking
Chauffers badge would have been a great consolation to me . I partook of the silverless ride of shame yesterday it's not that uncommon for me .

plehbah
01-29-2012, 10:00 PM
That is an outstanding pocketful of crusty metal. I personally enjoy the interesting historical tidbits more than the silver, although the silver is always a nice bonus.

The chauffeur badge in particular is very nice.

Hook
01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
you had a great hunt even without the silver. lots of oldies and sweet lookin IH's! good job!

starman2
01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
:perfect10:! Looks like a pretty good hunt to me. Especialy the IHs |:cheering: I really like the chaufers license. Great find. 1921, Cool! :clapping:. I think the IH's made up for the no silver. You know you'll find more. :groovy:

Fire Fighter 43
01-29-2012, 11:14 PM
3 Indians and very cool badge, that's a great hunt in my book. WTG

jkress
01-29-2012, 11:40 PM

... absolutely not. It's nice to see your posts, finds and videos. Especially this time of year. :->

You might have had a silverless day, but you pulled many nice keepers. The IH's, token and Chauffeur's License make for a great day.

You'll get plenty of silver on your next couple hunts I'm sure.

Congrats on your hunt and tanks for the post.

Ill Digger
01-29-2012, 11:42 PM
No silver but these nothin' wrong with that hunt! \:hammer:
Like most have said, I'd take a hunt like that anytime! :yes: thumbsup01
# IH's Is a sweet hunt by it's self. But I dig the badge the most! thumbsup01 :cool:
And we all know how I like those old tokens! The bus fair token is a cool find too! |:confused:)
Looks like a good time to me! <:
Congrats!! :grin:

It's supposed to be in the 50s all week here, unheard of for the last week in January!
Nope \:hammer:
It's to bad you and Dave gotta work. It sounds like we're coming down Tuesday :-\

milco
01-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Keep posting away Tony, great finds, another good hunt!

aloldstuff
01-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Tony, no silver but ya still got some nice keepers. That chauffers badge is really cool looking. To me, an IH is as good as a silver.

CTDirtFisher
01-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Tony... Any of us would take that day... :-)

Nice digs !! :-)

Paul

JTGOLD
01-30-2012, 05:57 PM
nice tribe of IH your getting there and where is the D on the 14 wheat,you did have a good day of hunting,need to get my battries charged up and get out there too,,very good job Tony.

coop
01-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Nice digs!!!! thumbsup01