PDA

View Full Version : so bummed.

Jason in Enid
10-29-2009, 07:55 AM
In the evenings I like to hit the forums at work (fire dept, 24 hour shifts). When I tried to come to this website, it was blocked!

The blocking message says it was on the administators list of banned websites. Considering how new this is, I can't believe it's on a list for any reason. I wonder if the IP address used to have a different type of content?

OkieDigger
10-29-2009, 08:19 AM
That's a possibility or the ISP of the site may be blocked because they may have hosted a spam site at one time. Talk to your provider and see if they can put it on the whitelist.

coinnut
10-29-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm wondering if it was blocked just because it was new:huh: That may be how their blocking software works. If you want to scam people, you would most likely use a new web address. I bet it goes by established web addresses. Just a wild guess though :-\

angellionel
10-29-2009, 08:33 PM
I used to have similar issues at the company where I worked. They were using software to deny access to certain websites if the words forum, blog, or social networking were on the list. It was a pain. I'm not sure if that the is case here though. :huh: