PDA

View Full Version : New,old guy from west in motorhome

stringmo
02-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Hi, everyone. Just wanted to say I'm back swinging after being on hiatus for many years. I lost interest because I just couldn't seem to figure out how to make the new computerized machines of the 90's work. Especially after using machines like the Whites 6000D Series 2 or the Teknetics 9000. Recently, I purchased the Teknetics T2 SE and started finding wheaties and silvers again right from the get go. I am excited again especially now that I'm retired and in my mobilehousing. I will be able to detect more often and in a variety of places, something that I do not take for granted. The best of luck to all of you and hope to see you out swingin.

Tony Two-Cent
02-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist, stringmo! thumbsup01

It sounds like you have some experience under your belt, it's nice to have you back in the hobby. I never had a White's 6000D but I once had a 5000D. The main thing I remember about that machine was how heavy it was, it used to really wear my arm out! lol

I can see how being in a motorhome would really be advantageous! I often wish that I could just travel from place to place like that, seeking out great places to hunt!

How cool that you are already finding wheaties and silvers! Just like riding a bike, right? thumbsup01

We look forward to hearing about your hunts and seeing some of your finds! Good luck and happy hunting!

jkress
02-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Welcome aboard stringmo. Glad you joined us. :clapping:

It's great to hear your Teknetics T2 SE is working great for you. Sure makes a difference when the coins start popping up. :yes:

Sounds to me like you have two great pieces of metal detecting gear... your detector and the motor home. :smitten: Best of luck this year. thumbsup01

aloldstuff
02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Welcome back to the madness. I have heard good things about the T2. Thanks for sharing with us your experiences. Traveling in a Motorhome has got to be so cool, so many places to go and detect. Looking forward to your future posts

Fire Fighter 43
02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the forum and back to treasure hunting. Wishing you good luck with your hunts and a long healthy retirement.

OxShoeDrew
02-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Welcome....sounds like you are having lots of fun. My T2 has been good to me lately ...until I got skunked today. It is sleeping in the garage tonight. :)
I look forward to your posts and learning more about the T2.

stringmo
02-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome and kind words. I'm looking forward to reading about all of your great successes.

Ill Digger
02-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Hey stringmo :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:
That would be great to have &quot:grin:etecting Central on Wheels :cool: thumbsup01
Just pull up, jump out, and start swingin'! :daydream: And the lunch kitchen is there at all times! <: Sweet! :interesting:
Glad to have ya aboard! thumbsup01 I can't wait to here about your adventures from around the country! :drool:

Lowjiber
02-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Welcome back to the hobby the forum from southern Nevada.

Retired with a motor home and a new detector...don't get much better. happydance02

firstring
02-02-2012, 10:06 AM
To Stringmo from Firstring. Welcome to the forum you old goat. It's good someone was smart enough to tell you about this forum. Show us some of the goodies you find with that new machine. Great people here, so string along and have some fun.

Epi-hunter
02-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the forum!! |:cheering: It's great to have experienced people here like you. I wish you luck with the Teknetics T2 (a good machine, I am told). I would love nothing more than to live in a motor home and go from site to site. Glad you found us thumbsup01

plehbah
02-03-2012, 02:08 AM
I have a Teknetics T2and love it. You are in for some good times.

CODY
02-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Welcome from Mississippi. Glad you found the forum. Will be looking forward to your post and finds. I have retired once from the Fire Dept. and am now working on my second from the Police Dept. Doubt I'll ever be able to do what your doing. We do have a camper and go just about every weekend in warm weather. I use a Fisher F75 Ltd which is almost identical to the T2. I know you are going to enjoy it. Good luck and HH.

del
02-14-2012, 02:27 PM
welcome to the forum Stringmo , i envy you being able to get up and travel at the drop of a hat and detect many new areas all the time . please keep us updated as to your where abouts and the finds .

Dan

jcbdc
02-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Man you are living my dream. Good luck with your travels. Loose clad found may help with your gas bill. |:cheering:. Welcome and keep us homebodies tuned into your travels.

Joe