PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable!! The dimeless silver streak continues!

Hook
02-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Went out for a short hunt just around the block from Onaug's house, in a city owned old empty lot, where just a house slab remains. This lot was really waterlogged due to all the recent rains, and had a low area i concentrated on. I was only hunting for about 15 minutes, and had dug a few pennies and a couple of can slaw chunks, when it started to rain lightly.
I head toward the truck swinging as i walk, and get a hit showing quarter/half at 6 inches. I stop and circle the target, and it locks onto 50 cents, while pinpointing small enough to get my hopes up. I cut the plug, and flipped it back, and its still in the hole. So i loosen up the dirt and stick my pinpointer in, and the target is on the side of the hole. I actually scraped it with my lesche when i cut my plug.
Out comes a 1951 D Franklin half dollar! I was shaking my head muttering..the people on the forum aint gonna believe this! I cant hardly believe it either !
Firt pic is the dig site, with my detector and open plug barely visible in the distance, just under the bottom of the far fenceline. The coin is tarnished badly, but i think its from staying so wet in that low spot.
I am going to ride this large silver streak till it ends,,,smiling the whole way
HH and thanks for looking everyone!

JTGOLD
02-01-2012, 03:39 PM
very nice half dollar,thoes ben's are far and few in between,,wtg.

angellionel
02-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Hey! leave some of those shiny disks in the ground for the rest of us. lol That's a very nice one Hook. :clapping:

Fire Fighter 43
02-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Very Nice Find |:cheering: Those Franklin Halfs are always a surprize, Congrats on a nice find.

randy
02-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Wow, alot of big silver flying out of the ground lately. :wow: Congrats on getting a Franklin <: still hoping for my first one. :barf:

sandals
02-01-2012, 06:49 PM
very nice.....seeing one of those big silvers come up sure is a great sight!!

jkress
02-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Way to keep the streak alive Hook!! :clapping:
Love the Franklin halves. :smitten: You just don't see a lot of them posted.
Congrats on a nice piece of silver.

Ill Digger
02-01-2012, 07:58 PM
....still hoping for my first one. :barf:
Me too Randy. :barf: lol
Nice hunk of silver Hook! thumbsup01
Sweet find!

...the people on the forum aint gonna believe this! I cant hardly believe it either !
lol
I believe you :yes: thumbsup01

Congrats! :grin:

Hook
02-01-2012, 08:12 PM
thanks for all the kind replies everyone! :grin:
i wish i could spread some of this luck around for some that have never been lucky enough to find a silver half. I almost feel guilty that i've found more than i ever imagined i would. But i'm going to ride this till it stops lol. HH all..and good luck also!

CODY
02-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Congrats on a great find! :perfect10:

POKIE73
02-01-2012, 08:31 PM
nice coin i personaly have never found a franklin half but my 11 year old grandson did this year i have found walkers and barbers but never a franklin congrats on the great find dennis

Tony Two-Cent
02-01-2012, 08:31 PM
I've never found a Franklin either. It seems much more common to find a Walker. That's a great find! :yes:

And I believe you too! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
02-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Nice to see big silver in the hole. I've yet to get me a Franklin....trade you a dime for it. Nice hunting and thanks for posting

Cheap Thrills
02-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Nice going on the Benjamin !!

starman2
02-02-2012, 10:11 AM
:perfect10:, Outstanding!! What a beautiful sight that must have been. Congrats on a great find <:! Great photos!

RaZR
02-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Great save on the Franklin half! Those don't come up very often. That's a sweet find! Congratulations. :groovy:

Hook
02-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Nice to see big silver in the hole. I've yet to get me a Franklin....trade you a dime for it. Nice hunting and thanks for posting

lol i could almost go for that trade! keyword is almost lol lol. there;s not many franklins posted or found it seems .

Hook
02-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Great save on the Franklin half! Those don't come up very often. That's a sweet find! Congratulations. :groovy:

its just dumb luck on my part, but thats the 2nd one i've found in about 4 months or so. pure luck i figure :tongue:

plehbah
02-02-2012, 06:31 PM
That is an awesome chunk of real money from the ground. By God, you make the old miser in me proud of you, boy!

Epi-hunter
02-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Very nice hook. Congratulations! :perfect10:

Hook
02-02-2012, 07:55 PM
That is an awesome chunk of real money from the ground. By God, you make the old miser in me proud of you, boy!

thanks man!!!! rofl rofl