PDA

View Full Version : A hunt is a hunt is a hunt---I have a job!!

CBnKansas
02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
It was ugly but I got in a short hunt today, my first for the year. Left my pin-pointer in Kansas, my high dollar rechargeables went dead in less than two hours, and then got called for an early short notice dinner with realitives. I had several parks I was going to hit, but at least I got in my first hunt. Found several clad coins and an ear ring big enough for an elephant, but nothing worth posting.

I have been laid off work since August, but the minute I get a chance to detect I get two job offers in one day. Go figure :crying02:

cb

coinnut
02-24-2010, 09:36 PM
It was ugly but I got in a short hunt today, my first for the year. Left my pin-pointer in Kansas, my high dollar rechargeables went dead in less than two hours, and then got called for an early short notice dinner with realitives. I had several parks I was going to hit, but at least I got in my first hunt. Found several clad coins and an ear ring big enough for an elephant, but nothing worth posting.

I have been laid off work since August, but the minute I get a chance to detect I get two job offers in one day. Go figure :crying02:

cb

Congrats on the job offers... I think :confused: You did pretty good considering the odds were stacked against you lol Never fails that when you get a chance to detect, something else comes up. But I bet it was nice to get out?? :yes:

CBnKansas
02-24-2010, 10:41 PM
WOW I posted in the wrong section I guess. Should of been in general area. Please forgive me MODs. Feel free to move it if you need to.

Yes it felt great all things considered.

cb

coinnut
02-24-2010, 11:21 PM
You've been moved CB lol

Ill Digger
02-25-2010, 01:13 PM
They say everything happens for a reason :-\
At least you able to get out.
Good luck & Congrats :grin:

del
02-25-2010, 01:47 PM
well at least you got out this year , with the way the weather has been you do earn a congrats on that my friend . that same general theory works in marrage too .( when your a single guy you don't get much interest from most women but you put on a wedding ring and they sure do like to notice you then . lol lol whats with that anyways ;)

CBnKansas
02-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Wow after spending the whole day in the car driving from Lubbock back to Wichita via some little town I can't spell, I am really glad for the chance to hunt. If the weather man is not a liar (oh! I make me laugh) we may have some good days to hunt next week.

I came home to a message for a third job, man what a life. Variety is not the spice of life, the aircraft industry is. Maybe if I detect 10 days in a row I can be a CEO and retire in a month or two :confused:. Then I could use my tools to work on stuff I really enjoy :cheesysmile:. Ok enough dreaming.

Many thanks for the move coinnut, I didn't feel a thing.

cb

Epi-hunter
02-25-2010, 11:26 PM
I hope that three is a charm for you. :) Looks very promising. :) Let us know...

coinnut
02-26-2010, 11:53 AM
lol lol Looks like you are gonna have at least 2 jobs now. I guess we will be seeing lots of good finds from the mrs. rofl But work may even let you detect once in a while ;)

Jason in Enid
02-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Good luck on the job hunt.

Wished I could have gone hunting yesterday. Rare sunny and not cold day so far for the year. But alas, my son's pinewood derby car needed work, so I spent the day drilling and weighting, then axle polishing. Weekend is blown too. Maybe one of these days I can get back out.

RickO
02-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Glad you got out and even better.. have job offers. Good luck and HH RickO

studeman
03-01-2010, 09:31 PM
I know what you mean Jason. The best weekend we have had in Okla. and I'm in Wichita at an indoor softball tournament. Oh well the good days are around the corner.

Ron

CBnKansas
03-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks to all! I have my physical for my new job in the morning. Maybe I am just getting old but I turned down the big money office job and took a job with no benifits and less pay that will have me working with some old friends. I will be working outside in the elements but I will be able to stand on the flightline and say I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning. I was an USAF Tanker Crew Chief in 1993, but a few sunsets have passed since then. Last year the USAF hired 10 retirees to do maintenance to see if we could contribute, but since then they have decided that they don't know how 10 old guys get so much work done. They have now opened another 10 slots and I am in one of them. My knees already ache, but here we go!

cb

coinnut
03-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Congratulations!!!! I guess you showed them young guys a thing or two lol It's called being proud of your work. Glad you set them straight on seeing if you guys can contribute thumbsup01 Not only is the work done faster, but it's actually done right :yes:

Epi-hunter
03-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Congratulations!!! Good for you! thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

leslie(nova scotia)
03-26-2010, 07:34 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....dollar store batteries are better left on the shelf. Domestics and work do have a way of limiting digging time! Glad you got a fix.