PDA

View Full Version : First post! Gold ring and......CLAD!

zachattack
02-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Hey all!

I'm a newbie on this website and this is my first post! Nice to meet ya!

I managed to get out today for about an hour. I hit a local soccer field and fired up my trusty ol' ACE 250.
The first half hour consisted of digging foil and shards of beer cans that had been hit by a lawn mower. :drool:

My luck improved a bit when I hit 3 clad dimes in a row......then a lowly penny....and finally, as I was detecting my way back to my van to call it a day, I hit a small GOLD wedding band!

No, this wasn't a massive haul, but anytime a guy finds gold it warrants a post! :beerbuddy:

Ill Digger
02-03-2012, 01:37 AM
I'm a newbie on this website and this is my first post! Nice to meet ya!...

First off let me be the first to welcome you to American Detectorist! :grin:
We're glad to have ya along! :clapping:

No, this wasn't a massive haul, but anytime a guy finds gold it warrants a post! :beerbuddy:

You got that right ! Gold defiantly warrants a post! :yes: :drool: :yes: :drool:
It's good to see you have your priorities straight! :yes: thumbsup01 rofl
Sweet find!!
Congrats! :grin:
Does it have a karat mark? :->

plehbah
02-03-2012, 02:06 AM
The first gold is the best. It is all downhill from here, even when you find gold!

Congratulations!

randy
02-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Welcome from Chester County, PA, and congrats on the gold.

CODY
02-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Welcome to the forum from Mississippi. Very nice find. :perfect10: Congrats on the Gold! |:cheering: Looking forward to more finds and post! HH

POKIE73
02-03-2012, 07:39 AM
thats probaly all its going to take now you are hooked it will only get worse from now on you have opened up a can of worms now welcome to this hooby good luck in the future the first one is one to remember now go out and get some more dennis

JTGOLD
02-03-2012, 09:00 AM
welcome to the forum and it is always nice to find a gold ring,good job.

starman2
02-03-2012, 09:11 AM
:perfect10: Great find Zach. Nice ring |:cheering: And welcome to the forum. :clapping:. The Gold ring made up for what ever you didn't find that day. Hope to be hearing from you alot in the future. :peace:

zachattack
02-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Thanks everybody! It's good to be a part of this site! :)

The ring is 14k

It was approximately 4.5 inches down and in reality, I almost didn't dig the target. Normally when the ACE250 picks up a target that is trash, it will be erratic and bounce all over the screen. This ring was a good, solid and consistent PENNY - PULLTAB - NICKEL signal with a loud tone.......and I figured what the heck!

I will post pics of the area in my next post.........it will make most people drool! (But there is A TON of trash!!!)

aloldstuff
02-03-2012, 09:51 AM
WTG and congrats on getting some gold. A lot of mders have yet to find some. Welcome to the forum, there are some very knowledgable people on board here, always willing to help out.

Hook
02-03-2012, 12:47 PM
welcome to the forum from another 250 user! good grab on that gold ring, congrats!

Tony Two-Cent
02-03-2012, 12:53 PM
You better believe that a 14K gold ring is worthy of a post! Without a doubt! That's a great find! :loveit:

Congrats on the gold, and we hope to see many more posts from you! thumbsup01

Ill Digger
02-03-2012, 03:32 PM
The ring is 14k
Oooh nice! That makes it even a little bit sweeter! <:
Congrats again :clapping: :grin:

Fire Fighter 43
02-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Nice hunt and congrats on the GOLD!! |:cheering: I would also like to welcome you to the forum from SE Wisconsin, looking forward to your future post.

jkress
02-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Welcome aboard zachattack. :clapping:

Nice score on the gold ring. <: It's a beauty. :smitten: