PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up My Minelab

kurt
02-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Just started using my e-trac and I am detecting in an old amusement park that is in a rather wet flood plain. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should set up my machine. The first day I used the coin program that came with the detector and found one buffalo nickel. The 2nd day I used Andy Sabisch's pattern, that I found on Youtube, and got skunked...I am sure it was my inexperience rather than the program. When I dig more than a few inches the hole fills with water.

angellionel
02-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Don't be shy about asking questions guys. We all had to learn at some point, but there is no sense in going at it alone when others have already gained experience they won't mind sharing. :yes: As a start, consider the information posted HERE (http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=803.0). Then build on it as you gain experience while working your particular sites. thumbsup01

Jason in Enid
02-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Set up with Andy's pattern, use multi-conduct, fast off, deep off. Dig EVERYTHING that gives a repeatable signal, not just the high tones.

Fire Fighter 43
02-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I agree with Jason's advice. Keep it simple and good luck with your new machine.

DirtFisher
02-05-2012, 01:21 PM
I suggest using High Trash right off the bat. It's great for picking up good targets right next to bad targets and this can occur even where it's not so trashy.

kurt
02-06-2012, 01:37 PM
I received permission to hunt in an old cemetery. Found tons of trash and one old wheat cent. 1910. Getting my new Garrett Pinpointer today. Will keep you posted on my finds.
Hunted 3 hrs yesterday and only found 1 Memorial and 1 clad quarter. I am returning on Friday.

kurt
02-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Since my last post I have hunted 2 demolished homes, an old abandoned high school, a different old park and an old train station. Still no silver.

kurt
02-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Went to an old train station yesterday. No silver, found 1 wheat....1909, it was under a old chewing gum wrapper, 3 inches deep...sounded like a coin, but read 9-38.