PDA

View Full Version : Back to the 1840 Home Site

mike l
02-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Got out today for some fun with the M6 and found a Large Cent (no date) and a flat button. This is some difficult ground to swing on (see pictures), but since its still giving up oldies, I keep coming back. HH :beerbuddy:

pulltabsteve
02-04-2012, 04:52 AM
Persistence pays off! If the first spot today is dry, maybe we should head back here. Nice digs Mike :clapping:

randy
02-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Keep pounding it -- those LCs are fun to find happydance02

aloldstuff
02-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Those pictures sure don't paint a rosey picture. Looks like tough hunting grounds but if the keepers are there, go get them. Congrats on the LC and button.

Tony Two-Cent
02-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Two great finds, especially the large cent! It's definitely a Matron head so it's an oldie. It almost looks like there's a date of 1817 unless that's just my tired old eyes playing tricks on me. :shocked01:

Tough hunting conditions, but if the oldies are there I would do my best to cover it. Great finds, I hope you find more there! thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
02-04-2012, 08:31 AM
It's always nice to have a go to site that keeps producing. Congrats on a couple of nice finds. |:cheering: HH

JTGOLD
02-04-2012, 08:32 AM
two nice finds and i'm with tony it looks like 1817 to me also.

starman2
02-04-2012, 09:34 AM
:wow: This does look like a rough hunting ground! But you produced some great finds |:cheering: WTG! Are you using a small coil in this area? :thinkingabout: I've got an area, that looks just like that. Just down the street from me. I know there has to be some goodies in there :dontknow: The old maps of my area, are coaxing me to try. Good luck with your future hunts in this place! Nice photo's! |:cheering:

CODY
02-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Yep, that looks like some tough hunting. Looks like its paying off though. Congrats and HH.

mike l
02-04-2012, 01:25 PM
:wow: This does look like a rough hunting ground! But you produced some great finds |:cheering: WTG! Are you using a small coil in this area? :thinkingabout: I've got an area, that looks just like that. Just down the street from me. I know there has to be some goodies in there :dontknow: The old maps of my area, are coaxing me to try. Good luck with your future hunts in this place! Nice photo's! |:cheering:

I found this place on an old map, and your right I should hit it with my shooter coil. Happy hunting and hit that spot down the street! :beerbuddy:

jkress
02-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Wow... looks like a tough but great site to detect. :shocked04: Lots of potential there.

Love the LC. :smitten: Could be fantastic keepers hiding in any nook and cranny there.