PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Missouri

zachattack
02-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Hey all, I'm Zach.....nice to meet ya!

I'm a military vet. (HOSPITAL CORPSMAN with 1/8 Weapons Company - Camp Lejeune, NC)

I work in Corrections.

I support Ron Paul.

I'm from Park Hills, MO - an old lead mining town with a TON of history. (The town used to be known as Flat River)

Pilot Knob, MO is a few miles away. The battle of Pilot Knob took place there during the Civil War. There is a fort there and mountains all around it. I hunted at the location of one of the old horse stables and found several horseshoes and various pieces of really old iron buried pretty deep. .....and I dug a TON of bullets and musket balls.

So anyways, I hope to share some good finds with everyone! :peace:

-z

aloldstuff
02-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Zach, welcome from western MA. Glad you found us and looking forward to your posts. I was stationed at Camp Lejeune 1976-1977. Sounds like you're in a very historic area.

jkress
02-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist zachattack. It's great to have you here with us. :clapping:

Sounds like you are digging in some historically rich ground. Looking forward to your posts. :->

CODY
02-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Glad you found us. Looking forward to your post and finds.

Fire Fighter 43
02-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Hello Zach and welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. I'm looking forward to some of your finds post. Good luck with the 2012 season and HH.
I would also like to thank you for your military service. This country would not be what it is without men like you.

Ill Digger
02-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Hey Z :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois :grin:
I too would like to thank your for service in the military |:confused:) |:confused:)
I can hardly wait to see what your able to dig up in your history rich grounds! :drool:

two_bit_digger
02-05-2012, 02:26 PM
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!! I had no idea that a CW battle was fought anywhere in MO. I'm looking forward to seeing some of those old war relics.

BTW....welcome from the middle of Illinois!!! :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:

Tony Two-Cent
02-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Welcome, Zach! Glad to have you here! Can't wait to hear about your finds.

JTGOLD
02-06-2012, 08:34 AM
welcome to the forum from central Illinois.

del
02-12-2012, 08:50 PM
welcome to the forum Zach , what got you into metal detecting and whats your machine of choice , sir?? i hope you enjoy your stay here and thanks for your service .

Dan

tanacat
02-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kentucky! I worked in corrections for a couple years- tough work. Well, not actually in a prison- it was a residential correctional facility. I was a case worker for pre-release inmates, parolees & half-way backs. Still I know it's tough work. :yes:

Looking forward to seeing some CW finds and coins you dig this year thumbsup01