PDA

View Full Version : Some more oldies from the beach

cdv
02-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Have to say I'm having a ball digging these old coins although it is getting harder to do. I need mother nature to blow up a good storm to move some sand around or I need to find some other beaches to try. I never thought I would still be digging in the sand this late in winter but Im happy with the outcome. I've never had so much luck with old coins. Also today, (not shown in the pictures) I found another digging tool... a rusty old garden spade about 12 down in the sand.....

Oh yeah, 3 for 3 in silver and rings with the new SOV-GT!!!

HH
Cliff

angellionel
02-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah, this relatively mild winter is allowing for some extra detecting. :happydance01: You did quite well with the finds too. :clapping:

Tony Two-Cent
02-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Beach hunting is something I've never done, so it's always fascinating for me to see someone having success at it. Those are some nice finds! I love the Mercs and the silver ring!

Great hunt! thumbsup01

CODY
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Beach hunting is something I really want to try. I bought a long handle sand scoop back when I got my detector. Just havent been able to go yet. Seems you do very well. Some very nice finds. :perfect10: Congrats thumbsup01

cdv
02-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Beach hunting is something I really want to try. I bought a long handle sand scoop back when I got my detector. Just havent been able to go yet. Seems you do very well. Some very nice finds. :perfect10: Congrats thumbsup01

Cody, don't do it, stay away from the beach.... you will never want to stop if you go and have any success. :-)

There is a bit of luck involved but other than the sand movement, it is much like dirt digging, research and timing and putting in the time.... if you arent moving that coil over something, you won't find it!

My wife thinks I'm insane but she likes the rings I find......

Cliff

Fire Fighter 43
02-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Congrats on a great hunt and good luck in 2012. HH

Cheap Thrills
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Your doing great at the beach , |:cheering:Congrats !!

SeabeeRon
02-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Beaches all mostly sanded in out here! >:\ Only managed a few crusty coins yesterday. Thanks for posting some beach treasure!! :clapping:

skrapman
02-14-2012, 07:05 PM
four silvers in one beach hunt WTG :clapping:. I do like beach hunting also but so far this year No northeasters to move some sand >:/

aloldstuff
02-22-2012, 09:30 AM
OK all you beach hunters, stop wishing for a storm just so some sand can be moved. I don't think you are thinking of us landlubbers. One of these days I am gonna try this beach hunting and if I like it then its ok to wish for the storm. LOL. Congrats on 4 silvers