PDA

View Full Version : mxt vdi's

BOWSER
02-04-2012, 08:15 PM
I neeed some help with jewelry finding ,i only find money,not that it's a bad thing but i would like some jewelry for a change.I have been told to dig all the +8 signals and all i find is round foil discs. I never pass on nickle signals so i have that covered, what other vdi's would you suggest thanks jim

JTGOLD
02-06-2012, 08:57 AM
a lot of rings and chains will come in at -2 to +8,the last gold ring I found came in at 0 foil.

midas
02-06-2012, 06:50 PM
There are no absolute VDI #'s for goodies in the ground. The VDI depends on object, size, composition, orientation, targets next to object and depth. To get every bit of good stuff, you have to dig every good sounding target with your discrimination wide open. Only look at the VDI # as a might be, not as what the target is.

Lowjiber
02-07-2012, 08:11 AM
a lot of rings and chains will come in at -2 to +8,the last gold ring I found came in at 0 foil.

You gotta kiss a lotta frogs to find your prince.

BOWSER
02-08-2012, 08:32 PM
i didn't know that

fastfwd
03-31-2012, 02:51 AM
found gold rings in the +8 to +12 range consistently,the vdi wont jump around but stay solid,now i have had certain foil or lawn mower soda cans do the same vdi but its a way different sound .my gold wedding ring vdi is 18 a nickle is always 20.it is the sound that tells you :)

Vito
03-31-2012, 03:41 AM

How true. Will a toad count, too?? :dontknow: rofl

@bowser -Jim, have you tried the prospecting mode? Think I'll use this on one of the next hunts.
Jimmy explains it very nice. (starts at 2:21 in the 1st vid). What I will do is trying to remember those trash signals (VDI) and dig those others. Another helpful thing can be to sweep out the targets size and shape right before you dig. (see vid 3 right from 5:20).
Good Luck & HH
[/url]
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVH6FcF1eIs#)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3aH6V9A2E#]