PDA

View Full Version : Old House in the Woods

mike l
02-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Saw an old house in the woods on Historic Aerials. Steve and I secured permission from the property owner and put the coordinate numbers and set out for a hike through the woods. Took us to the doors step but it looks like its been hit already 8/, no silver and all I got was a 44 Wheat and some clad. Here are the mug shots of the guilty parties lol

OxShoeDrew
02-05-2012, 06:06 PM
wow...house still standing? Should be more stuff...I wonder why there wasn't . Was there ample swinging room, or brambles? Did the owner say he let other people in there? :dontknow:

JTGOLD
02-05-2012, 06:15 PM
maybe you just didn't get your coil over the right spot,try it again better luck next time,nice pic's too.

aloldstuff
02-06-2012, 08:37 AM
If someone else got there ahead of you, they probably got the low hanging fruit. Go back and hit the spots that are out of the way, under bushes, the porch. Congrats on the wheatie.

tanacat
02-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Don't give up! \:hammer: I absolutely love old sites like that :smitten: Great pics- don't give up!!!

Let us know what else you find :yes:

Fire Fighter 43
02-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Looks like a interesting spot to hunt, I'm sure there are a few keepers still in the ground. good luck on your return trips.