PDA

View Full Version : Pre-game silver and wheat cents

jkress
02-05-2012, 10:38 PM
We got out for a little while before the game. Headed down to the construction site where the city is removing about 10 old houses from a couple of city blocks.

Have to admit... I was getting a little frustrated at the abundance of wheats and lack of silver from the spots I was running my coil over. :embarrassed: I did get lucky enough with the Merc plus this charm stamped sterling. :happydance01:

My first 'Mercury saving hunt' of the year. lol
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-5.jpg

Cheap Thrills
02-05-2012, 10:58 PM
All in all a very good hunt Joe , a nice Merc , silver Medallion and a handfull of wheat . Heck in that short hunt you found what would have been a good weekend for me this week . :perfect10:

Ill Digger
02-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Looks like a lotta fun, for little time! thumbsup01
Can't ask for much more than that! \:hammer: |:confused:) :clapping:
Nice hunt Joe!
Congrats :grin:

dave in iowa
02-06-2012, 12:03 AM
good hunt Joe

DirtFisher
02-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Very, very nice! Congrats! :perfect10:

CODY
02-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Very nice finds. :perfect10: Congrats. thumbsup01

DennisH
02-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Looks like a great spot you have there, WTG on the great loot!!

POKIE73
02-06-2012, 07:42 AM
nice merc and bunch of wheats i like that medallon also great to be able to hunt this time of the year can it get better great hunt dennis

JTGOLD
02-06-2012, 08:19 AM
nice silver and wheat hunt joe,wtg.

aloldstuff
02-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Joe, that silver is there, you just have to put your coil over it. Nice pile of wheats and congrats on the merc and sterling.

tanacat
02-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Beautiful, beautiful silver :clapping: Congrats on finding in such a short hunt!

How about that game :cheering: I'm still re-cuperating from our Super Bowl Party!

starman2
02-06-2012, 11:30 AM
:perfect10:! Looks like you did pretty well to me. For the short time hunt. Nice metal! |:cheering: And the Merc speaks for itself. Congrats!

pulltabsteve
02-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Very nice Joe :clapping: Congrats on the goodies. Do you use a scanner or camera to take your pictures? They are awesome!

Fire Fighter 43
02-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Nice hunt Joe and congrats on the saving silver,. |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
02-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Gotta love those Merc Saving Hunts! Better than a SDHOS any day! lol

Looks like a great pre-game hunt to me! Congrats, Joe! :clapping:

sandals
02-06-2012, 08:24 PM
love to see that silver shining up like that....great hunt!

Epi-hunter
02-06-2012, 08:35 PM
That is an excellent hunt. And in February!!! :perfect10: :perfect10:

Congrats!! (I love the medal |:cheering: )

milco
02-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Great hunt! Gotta keep hitting that construction site every chance you get as they move dirt around!

jkress
02-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Thank you for the comments folks. thumbsup01

All in all a very good hunt Joe , a nice Merc , silver Medallion and a handfull of wheat .

It was fun, lots of targets to dig. Plus a few silver ones too.

Can't ask for much more than that! \:hammer: |:confused:) :clapping:

How about a few more Mercs, a silver quarter and some IH's. lol :rolleyes:

good hunt Joe

For February... heck yes! :happydance01:

Looks like a great spot you have there, WTG on the great loot!!

It's snow and frost free... so yep :yes: in February it does qualify as a great spot. :)

great to be able to hunt this time of the year can it get better

:yes:

Joe, that silver is there, you just have to put your coil over it.

That's what I kept thinking. Between the two of us we pulled up 25 wheat cents. Should be a few more shiny ones there. :dontknow:

How about that game :cheering: I'm still re-cuperating from our Super Bowl Party!

lol Hope you feel better. :) I was happy with the game until the end of the 4th quarter. crying01

Do you use a scanner or camera to take your pictures?

I use a camera and a simple bounce flash off the ceiling/wall for my shots. Works good enough but I'm thinking about getting a macro lens just for my coin pictures. lol

Gotta love those Merc Saving Hunts! Better than a SDHOS any day! lol

Absolutely! :yes: I'm sure this is one of many 'Merc Saving Hunts' this year. lol
I'll take a MSH instead of the SDHOS any day. :yes: lol

love to see that silver shining up like that....great hunt!

Nothing beats the site of shiny. :smitten:

That is an excellent hunt. And in February!!! :perfect10: :perfect10:

You can't complain about soft ground in Iowa during February... especially the first week. <:

Great hunt! Gotta keep hitting that construction site every chance you get as they move dirt around!

Agreed. :yes: Although I think plenty of keepers have been scooped out and hauled away from here. crying01 There is
plenty of untouched or lightly skimmed area to hunt but I know plenty of coins went out with some of the dirt. >:/
Some of the yards have been excavated down 10-12 inches. crying01