PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Yards With Electronic Dog Fences?

Bell-Two
02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know any trick to hunting a yard that has one of those Invisble Dog Fences I have tried noise cancelling, switching channels lowering sensitivity etc. I find you get constant squeals and blips. I am at a loss to know what to do. I am using an E-Trac.

CyberSage
02-06-2012, 11:04 AM
How about asking them to unplug the dog fence while you hunt? ;)

Tony Two-Cent
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
How about asking them to unplug the dog fence while you hunt? ;)

That was my first thought as well. Can they secure the dog(s) and turn the fence off while you hunt? Otherwise it would seem to be a lost cause.

Bell-Two
02-06-2012, 12:57 PM
That was my first thought as well. Can they secure the dog(s) and turn the fence off while you hunt? Otherwise it would seem to be a lost cause.

I mentioned to them that as long as the power was on I could not hunt and response was &quot:daydream:h well I'm sorry for that But did not offer to turn it off.

Fire Fighter 43
02-06-2012, 07:57 PM
I have an electric fence for my dogs. Every time I go to my test garden I have to turn it off or I get interference. You also need to avoid where the wire is buried it is only down about two inches and it is made of copper. If you would cut it that would not be good.
I would just explain to them about the interference and if that doesn't work than you can just adjust your detector to deal with it that best you can. Good luck.

skrapman
02-06-2012, 10:08 PM
I hunted a yard with an electric fence and i gave up going near it. I use a dfx and it was ok as long as i stayed 10 ft or so away.
no setting adjusted would totally eliminate the interference. mike

Dug D
02-07-2012, 08:22 PM
I think the one time I tried it was the most interference I ever experienced. They switched if off for me, but I left a reminder for myself to make sure they turned it back on when I was leaving.