PDA

View Full Version : Second silver 2012 and digging in February beats cabin fever

Ytcoinshooter
02-07-2012, 10:56 PM
<} Had less than 2 hours to swing it after I got out of a routine doctor visit. Had to get some meds (like last year) for Cancun to combat the family of parasites that took up residence in my colon last year, should they find me again.
That I can dig this time of year is so unusual. Back to the same park as Sunday.Now I'm feeling it, understanding the language of my V3i. It's not hard at all having used all the top Whites units since '86 except the MXT. My personal take is the higher frequency MXT doesn't penetrate as well in my soil but your results may vary ;)
Dialing in this detector shows its flexibility. This time my only regret was not playing more with the deeper signal and different settings because this silver was a full 6 inches down. It may not seem very deep, but it is for the rocky soil at this site plus the mineralization is greater than I usually encounter.
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/6ff6665f.jpg
It was banging, a no doubt silver hit. The other keepers I cherry picked were the 2 wheat cents, 1 memorial and the clad you see here. Only the reverse of the dime was showing. I rinsed the obverse off when I got home. Another 1941.
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/a890946b.jpg
I should have said in my last post that my coin program is built on the HiPro.
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/9ba0d366.jpg
HH! Oops! Sorry I'm upside down!

jkress
02-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Score!! <: Great looking Merc YTC. :clapping:
It is nice getting out digging in these warm weather bonus days. :smitten:
Good luck keeping that 'family' out on your trip. :beerbuddy: lol

randy
02-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Love seeing that silver in the hole :happydance01:, especially this time of year.

aloldstuff
02-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Congrats on the silver. This time of year, wow, I am loving the posts from people who normally would be snow bound by now.

angellionel
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
I just love the mercury dimes. :smitten: That one is a keeper. :yes: Nice short hunt! thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
02-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Nice going on your Mercs from both posts and your pictures are nice quality also . great to see you are able to get out and have some success .

Fire Fighter 43
02-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Congrats on a nice Merc |:cheering:

Ill Digger
02-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Looks like you and the V are becoming one! |:confused:) :clapping: lol
Nice deep one! I love the shot of the silver in the bottom of he hole! :smitten: thumbsup01
Nice short hunt!
Congrats!! :grin:

CyberSage
02-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Hey Yt! You are really starting this year out great. Congratulations on your last couple of hunts. From the looks of that probe in the hole you are getting some great depth on the V3i. What kind of program are you using? Thanks for taking the time to share your hunts here on the forum.

Jack

Ytcoinshooter
02-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Are aimed at getting the best ID and sound in my soil while avoiding ground noise.
From memory my changes are: gain = 8, all metal sens = 76, disc sense = 92, 5kHz high pass filter, recovery = 80, I use trac lock, disc = accept -30 through +95 I'll check the detector to see if I rejected +95 for the last hunt. In the past I always accepted that vdi on my whites. Sometimes I run the accept all the way to -40. Again I need to verify my set up. But these are the basic parameters that keep the detector signaling clearly for me. Additional settings while I'm thinking of them:
Modulation = off, depth on the fly in search screen, 3frequency best data.
I'm really enjoying this detector. The pinpoint bars showing the hardest hitting frequency work better for me than the polar plot analyze screen. Maybe I'll change the the analyze to lock the pinpoint screen like you did and try my DX1 again. I wasn't thrilled the way it worked when I tried it before. Seemed like it was slow to respond. I'll give it go once more. The 10&quot:grin:cheesysmile: coil is very nice and I pinpoint well with it.

JTGOLD
02-11-2012, 10:05 AM
very good hunt,nice silver,wtg.