PDA

View Full Version : I Just Had to Know....

Ill Digger
02-08-2012, 01:07 AM
After my GRAND SLAM (http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=8763.msg98820#msg98820) last week I've been itching to get back to this park. :drool: So Monday morning I packed up my gear and made the 2 hour drive back down there. After digging my 4th or 5th hole I seen this laying in the spoils thumbsup01
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1410.jpg
It turned out to be a 1936D Merc :happydance01: After finding silver so soon I thought for sure I was in for another action packed day of poppin' silvers. But that was not to be the case \:[ I managed an occasional wheatie here and there. As the day was at it's half way point I started to work my way back to my truck. As I start to get closer I got into a little area were I was getting quite a few deep wheaties. Around 8- 9 deep. :shocked01: Thinking of the ol' cliché, Where there's wheats, there should be silver, I hung around that area till dark. I was rewarded soon digging a Merc from around the 9 inch mark :shocked04: <:. This one was a 1944. After back filling the hole I rescanned the hole. I was getting a breaking up of the threshold.....but no tone :confused: It wasn't like a null. But just breaking up of the threshold (if that makes sense). :dontknow: Out of curiosity I re-dug the hole and down deeper I picked up something with the Pro Pointer. After removing about 2 or 3 more inches of dirt from the hole, the hole went silent. Checking my dirt pile I seen the edge of another silver dime :shocked03: <: That was deep!! This one turned out to be a 1943 Merc. Making for silver number three on the day and my first official silver coin spill of 2012! <: :grin:
Heres the days goodies :)
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1411.jpg

I came away from the hunt with 11 wheaties. But one strikes me kinda funny :confused:
It looks like it's been melted in one spot, or pounded on with something. :confused: :dontknow:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1412.jpg

This is what the back looks like.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1413.jpg

The weather is turning back towards the winter side of things again around here. :frozen:
So I'm glad I was able to squeeze this hunt in .
But as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say.... I'll be back! :beatdown: lol
Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone! :grin:

jkress
02-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Dang... you did quite well on your return trip. Especially on your way back to the truck. <:

Three more silvers for your 2012 pile buddy. :clapping: Glad to hear you grabbed your first of many, I am sure, coin spills this year. |:confused:)

You are right crying01 winter looks to be coming back for a bit. Won't last too long though. :happydance01:

Congrats on sneaking another hunt in while you can.

Ill Digger
02-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Especially on your way back to the truck. <: Thanks buddy :beerbuddy: Thats kinda what I was thinking. I should've stayed over here by the truck this morning 8/
Who know's what else is still in that area? :confused: I guess theres really only one way to find out :dontknow: I'll just have to go back and look! lol
I probably would've stayed in that area in the morning after binging the Merc, but I had to go to the other side of the park to check something. :thinkingabout:

Probably just a couple of small gold coins that were dropped with the Two Cent piece... Captain Coin Spill. :thinkingabout: :yes:

:poke: rofl Oh! And they were pull tabs by the way. :rolleyes:

randy
02-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Sweet hunt :clapping: Those multi-silver days sure are fun, congrats. |:cheering:

aloldstuff
02-08-2012, 08:22 AM
WTG on recovering that 2nd merc from the depths. Congrats on getting your coin spill and on the nice pile of wheats.

CODY
02-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Congrats on a excellent hunt. :perfect10: Three silvers WTG |:cheering: There has got to be more!

marinedad
02-08-2012, 08:33 AM
always nice to find something on a return trip.

starman2
02-08-2012, 10:07 AM
:perfect10:! Good thing you went back to that park. Congrats on another great silver day. You're really kicking Butt! |:cheering:

angellionel
02-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Those types of hunts are such fun! :happydance01: Very nice digs Tim. You need to go back to that site! :drool:

After back filling the hole I rescanned the hole. I was getting a breaking up of the threshold.....but no tone :confused: It wasn't like a null. But just breaking up of the threshold (if that makes sense). :dontknow:

Oh yeah..... I know exactly what you mean. ;)

Tony Two-Cent
02-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Maybe no grand slam this time, but I would take that TRIPLE any time! thumbsup01

Another great hunt, Tim! I love the photo of the Merc laying in the rich black soil. :smitten:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more silver in that park!

That one wheat cent reminds me of one of the Indian Heads I found the other day. They both look like they have been impacted by a cylindrical object. Very similar imprints, weird.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/Metal%20Detecting/Indian-Damaged.jpg

DennisH
02-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Deep silver makes a person feel good knowing he or she is doing it right. WTG.

Fire Fighter 43
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I was wondering how long it would take you to get back there. Congrats on another fantastic hunt! |:cheering:

coop
02-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Awesome man thumbsup01

Ill Digger
02-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Sweet hunt :clapping: Those multi-silver days sure are fun, congrats. |:cheering:
Yes! Yes they are! :yes: thumbsup01
Thanks Randy! :grin:

WTG on recovering that 2nd merc from the depths. Congrats on getting your coin spill and on the nice pile of wheats.
Thanks Al thumbsup01 It was just nice to get out and bag a couple of nice keepers :daydream:

There has got to be more!
Thanks Cody! |:confused:) I'll be finding out here real soon ;)

always nice to find something on a return trip.
Thanks Mark :groovy: Yes it is. Thats along way to find 3 silver dimes 8/ lol
But at least there was no Silverless Drive Home of Shame |:confused:) lol

Congrats on another great silver day. You're really kicking Butt! |:cheering:
Thanks starman2 :beerbuddy: I'm just trying to keep up :blackeye: But it fun trying lol

Those types of hunts are such fun! :happydance01: Very nice digs Tim. You need to go back to that site! :drool:

Yes it was a fun hunt :yes: A little slow in the middle but it ended with a bang! So I can't hardly complain :lipssealed: lol

Oh yeah..... I know exactly what you mean. ;)
:huh: Really! Is this something worth checking out on a normal basis? I guess what I mean is this usually a red :usaflag: sign to maybe dig and investigate? Thinking back I can remember the machine acting similar but not paying any mind to it. :thinkingabout:

Maybe no grand slam this time, but I would take that TRIPLE any time! thumbsup01
Another great hunt, Tim!
That one wheat cent reminds me of one of the Indian Heads I found the other day. They both look like they have been impacted by a cylindrical object. Very similar imprints, weird.
You got that right! :yes: Thanks Tony! :beerbuddy:
Yeah they are similar. :confused: It's defiantly weird :crazy: I wonder what caused that? :dontknow:

Deep silver makes a person feel good knowing he or she is doing it right. WTG.
I get lucky now and then :) But that last Merc was out of just plain'ol curiosity :confused:.... :shocked01:.... :happydance01:... lol
Thanks for commentin' Dennis thumbsup01

I was wondering how long it would take you to get back there. Congrats on another fantastic hunt! |:cheering:
<} You know me too well :eyebrow: lol It's hard to sleep at night not knowing..... :confused:..... :twirlingeyes:.... :crazy:

Awesome man thumbsup01
Thanks Coop! :beerbuddy:

Snapolson
02-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Beautiful Mercs (and wheaties)! Congrats Tim!!! :perfect10:

jkress
02-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I had to go to the other side of the park to check something. :thinkingabout:
:poke: rofl Oh! And they were pull tabs by the way. :rolleyes:

lol rofl I figured I planted a seed when I said that. lol

Ill Digger
02-10-2012, 12:45 AM
lol rofl I figured I planted a seed when I said that. lol
lol Thats OK. At least now, I know, and I can rest easy :sleepy: lol

JTGOLD
02-10-2012, 11:52 AM
very nice silver and wheat day for this time of year,wtg.

Cheap Thrills
02-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Wow !! more magic from The Amazing Timmy Way to go !!

AmxFred
02-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Very nice hunt. There is nothing prettier that a shiny Merc in black dirt. Congratulations! :perfect10: