PDA

View Full Version : Corroded Copper, Small silver

angellionel
02-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Yesterday I made the mistake of heading to the woods thinking it would not snow, except that the sky opened up on me when I started to detect. :shocked04: I kept at it anyway, but the only good find was a 1884 Indian Head cent.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/February/woods022610.jpg

Today I took a drive to another wooded area, but there was too much snow to deal with. I then headed back home and on the way I stopped at a local park to work a semi-wooded section. I dug up two silver coins from there, a 1905 Barber dime and a 1952 Roosevelt dime. In the mix too was a corroded 1846 large cent. They just don't hold up well at the parks.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/February/silverdimes022710.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/February/1846largecent022710.jpg

HH!

coinnut
02-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Man them parks kill the large coppers. Nice to keep seeing silver though :yes: It must be the decomposing grass that turns them wheats that emerald green. I kinda like that emerald green, but not the other greens :rolleyes: Every bit adds up and it looks like you had another successful hunt. Boy that E Trac just can't seem to find silver :rofl:

del
02-27-2010, 10:21 PM
very nice looking area in the first picture Angel , the indian and barber are in great shape and even George would of took that large copper today , he was jones'en for one after all teases he got .congrats

angellionel
02-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Man them parks kill the large coppers. Nice to keep seeing silver though :yes: It must be the decomposing grass that turns them wheats that emerald green. I kinda like that emerald green, but not the other greens :rolleyes: Every bit adds up and it looks like you had another successful hunt. Boy that E Trac just can't seem to find silver :rofl:

Yeah, the large coppers do get killed at the parks. It hurts to get a good, deep signal, only to dig up a barely recognizable large cent. :bummer: The silver made up for it though. ;)

very nice looking area in the first picture Angel , the indian and barber are in great shape and even George would of took that large copper today , he was jones'en for one after all teases he got .congrats

Thanks, Dan. :) It is a peaceful and quiet area, but better when there is no snow. :lol:

Epi-hunter
02-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Nice finds, especially in the snow :) Beautiful barber dime.....

Have you ever found a copper in great condition? I wonder if the ground there is prohibitive to any coppers surviving.

angellionel
02-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Nice finds, especially in the snow :) Beautiful barber dime.....

Have you ever found a copper in great condition? I wonder if the ground there is prohibitive to any coppers surviving.

I have, but not from any of the parks. A few town commons have produced better coppers. :)

CyberSage
02-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Awesome! Shrug off the snow, and find that Silver. Nice hunt Angel. Spring is in the air.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Ill Digger
02-28-2010, 01:55 AM
That a way :thumbsup01:
Thats what I've been missing for the last 5 months.
Seeing your great finds and your ability to pull those silvers!! :confused:
Whats that ? 3 or 4 Large cents for the year now?
I don't know...your hangin' in there for the large cent race...come on...you can dou it! :yes:
Congrats & HH :grin:

John M
02-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Silver on snowy days gotta warm you up.The large cent isn't bad either it most of been in a spot that gets a lot of moisture.

RickO
02-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Silver is always good.... a big jar of Morgans would be 'heart attack' time.. rofl RickO