PDA

View Full Version : Gunning for Gold!

M-Taliesin
02-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Howdy Folks!
While visiting our local metal detector shop in Golden Colorado today, I ran into CyberSage and he told me about this here forum. It sounded shpadoinkle, so I decided to drop by and give it a try.

I drive for a living, and my work is in Brighton, but I live in Aurora Colorado. That means
I have a great opportunity to hit Brighton as well as Aurora, Denver, and surrounding
areas in my search for goodies. I have three detectors, all White's machines. I started
with the XLT, then got myself the MXT-300, and now run the Spectra V3 as well. In fact, I have the ver fist Spectra V3 sold in the state of Colorado. Along with great machines, I have a pretty good assemblage of coils to go with them.

Last year I attended a competition hunt put on by the Eureka Treasure Hunter's Club, and discovered that I really enjoyed that sort of hunt. I also went to Missouri to attend a competition hunt there put on by the MokanSR group. And I plan to hit more of those in the coming year.

While I may be 60 years of age, I get out every chance I get. I particularly like night hunting. Nobody around to ask all those pesky questions, and I can focus on finding my favorite target... gold jewelry. And I ain't aiming to brag or anything, but I find a goodly share of gold jewelry. Silver too, for that matter.

Being a pretty open sort of guy, I welcome any questions anybody might have. Just go ahead and ask by email or PM if this thing allows that. I haven't been on this forum long enough yet to check things out. Anyhow, this is a mighty great hobby, and I hope I'll be doing this thing as long as I'm able to walk upright and take nourishment on my own!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

CyberSage
02-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Hey M-Taliesin!

It was a pleasure meeting you today. That was a very impressive bunch of finds your shared with everyone today at the metal detecting shop. Thanks for logging in and checking out the forum. I had some good luck today on the way home in Longmont. Nice day all the way around. I would love to get together for a hunt sometime. Looking forward to your post here on American Detectorist.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

angellionel
02-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Welcome, M-Taliesin. It's a pleasure to meet you. I do hope you will enjoy your visits here. I'll be looking forward to reading about and seeing your finds.

M-Taliesin
02-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Howdy Jack!
Well sir, I was wondering if you went to Rush to the Rockies competition hunt?
I believe that's where I saw you before. Maybe not. But you surely struck me as
familiar.

Anyhow, as for hunting with you, I'd love that. I always like hunting with a pardner,
and it is huge fun to make a terrific find and have somebody to share the excitement
when that happens. So, yeah... I'm up for it!

I had a good day, and whenever I figure out where you post stuff folks found today, I might stick it into a post and share what I found after leaving Golden!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin
02-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Welcome, M-Taliesin. It's a pleasure to meet you. I do hope you will enjoy your visits here. I'll be looking forward to reading about and seeing your finds.

Howdy Angellionel!
The pleasure is totally mutual. Much obliged for the welcome.
I can't wait to start posting my finds... soon as I figure out where they go in this forum! LOL! It won't take me too long, but I'm stuck in an IM discussion right now, and it ain't easy multitasking when that darn bleep keeps hitting every ten seconds!

Thanks again for the welcome, and I'll be around.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Ill Digger
02-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Welcome to the forum from the frozen corn fields of Illinois
It sounds like you've got a pile of goodies :drool:
I cant wait to see them & HH :cheesysmile:

RickO
02-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Welcome aboard M-Taliesin, another V3 user as well... hope to see some of your finds. HH RickO

del
02-28-2010, 10:16 AM
hello M-Taliesin , welcome to the forum . looking toward seeing some of the finds you have made in the jewelry department .

Dan

leslie(nova scotia)
02-28-2010, 03:56 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice to see another youngster on the forum. Looking forward to reading your adventures me bouy!

coinnut
02-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Welcome to best kept secret on the web lol Glad you found us and glad you are enjoying you treasure hunts. I've done a couple of night hunts and I must admit I like 'em. Well, except for the not sleeping part that is ;)

Epi-hunter
02-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us, looking forward to your posts :)

M-Taliesin
03-01-2010, 10:33 AM
I've done a couple of night hunts and I must admit I like 'em. Well, except for the not sleeping part that is ;)

Howdy Coinnut!
Well sir, I feel sleep is overrated and not as profitable as finding gold! LOL!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

SeabeeRon
04-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Any friend of Jack's is welcome here!! :cheesysmile: 8)

Dimeman
12-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi Mel,

Thought I would join this one and already see lots of old online friends.

Robbie

DaleGM
01-03-2011, 01:30 PM
good to see ya Mel, a nice place to hang up your hat :clapping:

Bedrock
01-03-2011, 05:20 PM
I am gunning for gold as well......just not finding any. Maybe this will be the year.

coinnut
01-03-2011, 06:23 PM
I am gunning for gold as well......just not finding any. Maybe this will be the year.

I'm gonna find some gold this year the old fashioned way By Earning It?? Heck no, in tot lots lol

M-Taliesin
01-03-2011, 06:36 PM

Howdy Bedrock!
I don't know where your stomping grounds are, but if I get out your direction this year, maybe I can stop by and go on a hunt with you. If there are people walking around above ground, you can just bet your best Lesche that there's gotta be some gold beneath the ground. All we gotta do is figure out where!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin