PDA

View Full Version : Copper Tag:huh:thinkingabout:

CODY
02-10-2012, 04:32 AM
Any ideas? Armour 7 golf club? Armour meats? Under Armour? I dont know......help.

del
02-10-2012, 04:48 AM
Cody it looks like a baggage claim tag , maybe for a Railroad , hotel , steamship , stagecoach , ect.

Dan

aloldstuff
02-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Cody, is there any writing on the top near the slit? Many RR tags had the manufactures name up near there.

CODY
02-11-2012, 04:16 AM
Cody, is there any writing on the top near the slit? Many RR tags had the manufactures name up near there.

No sir, nothing else on it.

CyberSage
02-11-2012, 10:47 AM
The connector on this appears to be for a leather strap like a watch fob, but the number does not make sense unless it is representative of the lucky number 7. What kind of area was it found in Cody?

CODY
02-11-2012, 03:27 PM
The connector on this appears to be for a leather strap like a watch fob, but the number does not make sense unless it is representative of the lucky number 7. What kind of area was it found in Cody?

It was found on a lot where the city just tore down two condemened houses. Houses were probably built in the 20's or 30's. This is where I found the 1918 WLH.

del
02-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Cody , it looks like you have some research to do to figure out what the tag went to , you have a good start by having tha name Armour and a number . maybe it was to a hotel room number key fob , or i've seen it where stables would hand those out for checking in a horse . please let us know if you happen to find out just what it was to .

Dan

CODY
02-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Here are a couple of better pics after I cleaned it up a bit. Quarter for scale. Still no luck in IDing it.

CODY
03-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Well I found that in 1904 there was an Armour Meat Packing Co. in Meridian Ms. where I found this tag. So I am assuming its a key fob from that buisness.

1904-Farmers are shown delivering locally grown corn at the Queen and Crescent Freight Depot. At the Armour Packing Company, right, meat was smoked, packed and shipped to destinations all over the southeastern United States.

del
03-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Cody it could of been a workers tag , meaning they would use these like a time clock . a lot of large factories did this and each worker would be assigned a numbered tag , you would have to place it in an area when you came to work to be varified by the work foreman that you were there for the day. and move it back when your shift ended. i'm not saying this is one of those but it might be a new direction in your search , there got to be a historical society around with some info of the place you mentioned.

Dan